• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MRAP GSS SEAT in a deuce

cummins7

I found this seat for sale locally from a guy that worked at BAE it was new in the box/plastic wrapper with the bolt kit. I won't say how much I paid but it was not much... It's not an air ride seat but has height adjustment (using 2 gas shocks) and locks firm in place where you want it. The problem is that I would like to be able to lower it all the way down in order to get in and then raise it up when I'm seated. The seat is so large and awkward that it is nearly Impossible to pull the lever and try lift this mammoth seat the correct height, the gas shocks seam to not help at all...

I was thinking maybe I could try to mount an air ride seat air bag and disable the locking mechanism on the seat so I could pneumaticly control the height. The problem with that is that the seat can go very high and if I have to little of air will it be too bouncy? Or there the option of just selling the seat and going a different route.

I guess what I'm getting at is if anyone runs these seats do you really like them or would you go a different route if you could do it over??

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

V8srfun

You can do the air ride bottom but put limiting straps in it so that the seat will never go above your desired height. They will also allow you to increase the air pressure in the bladder to make it less bouncy.

rustystud

You can do the air ride bottom but put limiting straps in it so that the seat will never go above your desired height. They will also allow you to increase the air pressure in the bladder to make it less bouncy.

Actually with the stock shock absorber installed you don't have to worry about over-extending the air bag. I converted both my front seats to air bags. After buying a new base from Gimpyrobb (Chris). I bought the Jeep seats and installed them on the frames. Worked great !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks