• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MRAP Gun Mount/Ring Question

MatthewH

Hey Guys,

I'm helping a friend replicate an MRAP and we have a few q's about the gun ring/mount.

1st: Which mount is the correct mount for an MRAP? An M66, LWS, or other. We've been told it uses the same mount as a HMMWV, Duece and 5Ton

2nd: Is this mount even avaliable for civilian hands? We're looking to replicate the mount/ring as well, so anybody with good pics, or somebody willing to take good measurements is greatly appreciated.

3rd: Has anybody tried to create there own ring? We've got access to a laser, break press, etc, so a nice schematic would be awesome.

He's looking to use an M2 .50 cal replica on it, with basic front shields. He's building the MRAP off an M931A1. I'll post pics when he declassifieds it.

Thanks in Advance

Matthewh

M1224

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1. Most MRAPS use the same Turret and hardware as the M1114 HMMWV. If you look in TM 9-2320-387-24P, any figure that shows turret or O-GPK parts with Use On Code (UOC) XBB will apply. There are some MRAPs that use the M1151 turret, and I do not know much about them.

2. The Ring, Bearing, Armor and seal are all classified. The TM is Distribution A, but the details on the parts are all classified with Demil codes, so no schematics. Maybe someone who already has a good turret on their truck can provide the measurements.

3. Just remember, your ring and bearing need to be machined, and your mounting bolts torqued properly so the final product doesn't bind when you traverse.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

MatthewH

Thanks for at least a starting point. We were afraid most of the big stuff was still classified, but hey, one can always hope. We still have some leads on an LWS ring to copy, and now that we know that MRAP's use the same as a HMMWV, I can run that down as well. All else fails, we can build our own ring and make it to look like the correct one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks