• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mrap seat w/highback seat base?

ryanruck

Hi guys I was wondering if anyone has ever mounted a mrap seat to a highback drivers adjustable seat base...? Is it a bolt in or a fab? Thx
Which MRAP seats? There are a couple types out there...

My BAE MRAP seat type I mentioned here was a direct bolt on to the factory high back driver's base if you don't mind having two front/back slider mechanisms, one on the seat and one on the base. Was really surprised to see that...

If you must have just one slider, a member did some fabbing for the same style as mine in this thread you can see on page 3 to get it to fit. There are also some other seating options posted in there.

Bravojmc

Which MRAP seats? There are a couple types out there...

My BAE MRAP seat type I mentioned here was a direct bolt on to the factory high back driver's base if you don't mind having two front/back slider mechanisms, one on the seat and one on the base. Was really surprised to see that...

If you must have just one slider, a member did some fabbing for the same style as mine in this thread you can see on page 3 to get it to fit. There are also some other seating options posted in there.
Same seats as you have! Are they comfortable?

ryanruck

Same seats as you have! Are they comfortable?
Yes, very much so! Like I mentioned in the linked thread, I've made a 4 hour round trip in them no problem.

With the high back seat base, you can actually raise the seat up high enough to mostly clear the B-pillar brace and recline it very nicely if you like. Passenger side is already high enough to recline.

Only downside is they're more like a vinyl seat in that they don't breathe well like a fabric seat but they do clean up pretty easily.

Bravojmc

Yes, very much so! Like I mentioned in the linked thread, I've made a 4 hour round trip in them no problem.

With the high back seat base, you can actually raise the seat up high enough to mostly clear the B-pillar brace and recline it very nicely if you like. Passenger side is already high enough to recline.

Only downside is they're more like a vinyl seat in that they don't breathe well like a fabric seat but they do clean up pretty easily.
Awesome.

thank you for the info, this was exactly what I was looking for.