• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MRAP Troop Carrier Seat Install

StackJ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I liked the fact that these seats had five-point harnesses so I thought I would buy a pair. I don't know if I would recommend them based on the difficulty of installing them but I like what I am seeing as an end result. I believe the truck will be safer, have better rollover protection, and I think they're kind of cool.

I did not post this in the What I did today post due to search value...

I put this in Google docs because it is shared in a couple of other places as well.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6GBbJFZe9MdM2c0SGdXdFBpSzg/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

Bravojmc

I liked the fact that these seats had five-point harnesses so I thought I would buy a pair. I don't know if I would recommend them based on the difficulty of installing them but I like what I am seeing as an end result. I believe the truck will be safer, have better rollover protection, and I think they're kind of cool.

I did not post this in the What I did today post due to search value...

I put this in Google docs because it is shared in a couple of other places as well.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6GBbJFZe9MdM2c0SGdXdFBpSzg/view?usp=sharing
Nice write up! All ways wondered how I'd mount that kind of seat. Thx

Last edited:

StackJ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty sick! So does the seat take any jolt out of bumpy terrain?
In a word, yes. I put the springs on the seat posts for that reason. I am still going to have to change out the springs to something with more coils. The ones I purchased are long and then I cut them down. I will have to experiment. Unfortunately, I don't have the specs on them. Bought them at Bolts4U. They barely fit but seem to have a high compression rating.

Another thing I found is that the thing is quieter. Not sure why. Perhaps because I bolted to the floor, etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks