• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mrap wheel problem

Mandalore

I have a question. I am in the process of getting my mrap wheels ready to go on the truck but when I start putting bolts through to my adapters I noticed on 2 of the wheels the bolts wont go through the wheels due to the holes on the 2 piece wheels not lining up. Could these be drilled out or should I take the wheels completely apart and attempt to straighten them? Sorry about the phone photo quality.

Mrap.jpgMrap2.jpg

Special T

Strange that they are only 2 hole that are off. I would imagine that they all would be off. Did you cross torque the bolts? On the clock 12-6-3-9 and so forth?

Mandalore

Its not just 2 holes, its 2 wheels out of my set of 6. All the holes on those 2 wheels are off. And I thought that too, I didnt put the original outer bolts on the wheels but I guess that could be the reason.

Special T

If its all the holes on a wheel and they dont line up in the same place its because the wheel halfs shifted when torqueing. It may be helpful to put your plate with a few bolts on hand tight to help keep alignment while torqueing the bolts.

dmetalmiki

With everything slackend off, try a bradall. or two or three, place at regular spacing and drive them in with a hide mallet. (taper drift). My penneth.
If all the holes are irrigular you might try dismantling and setting up the rims again.

peashooter

I have a question. I am in the process of getting my mrap wheels ready to go on the truck but when I start putting bolts through to my adapters I noticed on 2 of the wheels the bolts wont go through the wheels due to the holes on the 2 piece wheels not lining up. Could these be drilled out or should I take the wheels completely apart and attempt to straighten them? Sorry about the phone photo quality.

View attachment 582711View attachment 582712
Sorry for the late reply but yeah the wheel halves were just not aligned very well when assembled. You will find that the dish half of the wheel has smaller (tighter) holes and the holes in the outer front ring are slightly oversized. I'd let the air out of those 2 wheels then loosen the 12 outer rim bolts a bit and try to line it up better then re tighten the 12 bolts down, air up and mount adapters.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks