• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MRAP wheels -ctis OK?

Fatalid

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the opportunity to buy some MRAP wheels for my tire upgrade super cheap… But they have the CTIS modules on them.

I tried digging around in the search for other people and what they’ve done with their wheels… But for some reason couldn’t find a definitive answer on if these wheels will work.

Is there a solution to mount CTIS MRAP wheels to my A2 Duece with the 10 Bolt adapters I have? How does one go about deleting the CTIS functionality of that style of wheel? Or does it not need to be deleted?

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are about 50 different styles of MRAP wheels. Got a picture of what you’re talking about? I’m thinking you have the aluminum Hutchinson ones with that funky center mounted valve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Should be able to unbolt the valve body and detach it from each end. Replace the part where it actually goes into the tire with a wide valve stem. Truck shops have them, Napa, and I believe peashooter on here used to sell them.

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They will work fine. Most of the time when you buy those wheels that assembly is already removed. You have fun times ahead!

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may need a larger valve stem adapter for to couple it to a regular shraeder valve stem air chuck. I have an extra one somewhere, should be able to find at napa cheap.

Fatalid

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok... they’re in my shop now.

Now I have to pull the old 495’s off so I can put on my new 395’s.

Lots of work in my future :)IMG_0684.jpg

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ive got to learn how to post a video, I’m down to 3 minutes each for breaking then down

Get out the sledge and thump the sidewall as close to the rim as you can get, about a half a dozen times working your way around, and they’ll “usually” pop right off.

Fatalid

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ive got to learn how to post a video, I’m down to 3 minutes each for breaking then down

Get out the sledge and thump the sidewall as close to the rim as you can get, about a half a dozen times working your way around, and they’ll “usually” pop right off.
Does that work with the beadlocks installed, too? I don’t know if it’s the beadlocks, or the fact that they sat in the AZ sun for a couple years... but these suckers are stuck!

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, instead of prying between the rim and the tire, pry the two wheel halves apart an inch or two, and block them apart, then thump them. After the small half is off flip the whole tire/wheel over, and block it up so the tires a few inches off the ground, then thump that side. Yes, you may have the ones that aren’t “usual” depending on how much rust and crud’s in there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks