• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MRS 1952 heavy haul

jimmcld

I had an older gentleman come by yesterday and wanted to know if I could find a picture of a MRS, like the one he drove in France. Well, I had never heard of a MRS and certainly did not have a picture of one. However, I discovered that MRS stands for Mississippi Road Supply and that they really did supply some really BIG trucks to the military.

Have any of you ever heard of this truck, and better yet, does anyone know where to find a picture of one? It is supposed to be a massive thing that was not able to cross some of the bridges, because of its width. He also described it as having a long flat bed and an open cab, with multiple axles.

I did find a picture of a tractor that they built, in cooperation with International Harvester, in the '60's. It was acclaimed to be the forerunner of the massive four wheel drive tractors.

Jim

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
MRS was one of the major off road dirt haulers along with k-dart and athery (not spelled right) years ago. thay made massive machines

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks