• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MSD-ICE Kit Diagnostics

Protti

Hello everyone,

I bought a complete test kit.

There were also two IETM DVDs and the EMS2.

I just can't do any tests because I get the message that the DLL "C: \ ICE \ TestMg32.dll" is missing.

I think I also need the image of the Mitope notebook, I think it's called MSD v2.

please can someone help me, otherwise I would have spent a lot of money on nothing.

Thank you so much!

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
IMO you spent a lot of money for what one can do quickly with a simple multimeter a couple of other shop quick tests. I have a feeling and another IMO that the tester tool was just another money grab sold to have GI JOE something to fiddle with.

By the time one get it all hooked up, decipher the code and look it up... a good mechanic should / could have the same data resulting for a HMMWV diagnostic test.

Ready, set, GO, CAMO

Protti

Hello,

yes that can really be, but I would still be happy if someone can help me.

I have read a lot and would be really happy if someone can help me out with the recovery DVDs from the MSD v2.

Thank you so much!

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
YES... I should have been a little easier on the Post. Sorry. Most of the time, surplus test gear has a way of loosing the manuals, software, hard-drives or the adapters to work correctly. Would think they had to be de-milled ??

SO LETS GET this soldier all hooked UP. I did see a post a year ago with more or less the same needs. I will work the keyboard to see what I can find.

Toys for boys, part missing, CAMO

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Not much but interesting.

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threads/msd-ice-kit-diagnostics.167659/ << THIS MIGHT BE YOUR BEST BET.

http://psmag.radionerds.com/images/7/79/PS_Magazine_Issue_758_January_2016.pdf << info in there somewhere.

https://mymiltope.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/VT_Miltope_MSD_V-Type3_Datasheet.pdf <<Address of manufacture.

Not much help from here. Best bet, fingers crossed...someone can burn a copy or factory might be able to assist.

Humv's and smart anything a bad mix, CAMO GOOD LUCK 🤞

Protti

YES... I should have been a little easier on the Post. Sorry. Most of the time, surplus test gear has a way of loosing the manuals, software, hard-drives or the adapters to work correctly. Would think they had to be de-milled ??

SO LETS GET this soldier all hooked UP. I did see a post a year ago with more or less the same needs. I will work the keyboard to see what I can find.

Toys for boys, part missing, CAMO
Thank You very much!

My test Kit was complete, only the MSD Software is missing. The IETM Software was completely in it. New DVDs sealed and never used.

Protti

Not much but interesting.

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threads/msd-ice-kit-diagnostics.167659/ << THIS MIGHT BE YOUR BEST BET.

http://psmag.radionerds.com/images/7/79/PS_Magazine_Issue_758_January_2016.pdf << info in there somewhere.

https://mymiltope.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/VT_Miltope_MSD_V-Type3_Datasheet.pdf <<Address of manufacture.

Not much help from here. Best bet, fingers crossed...someone can burn a copy or factory might be able to assist.

Humv's and smart anything a bad mix, CAMO GOOD LUCK 🤞
Many thanks for your effort! That will definitely help me. I'll write in the old post. Maybe someone can copy his software for me

Wire Fox

Hey look, I think I've been summoned. I do just so happen to have the recovery disks. Disk 1 is the image to restore the main image to the Miltope MSDv2 laptop. Basically useless, unless Disk 2 is the image that has all the drivers and software programs to do the actual diagnostics. You can use Disk 2 on any 32 bit Windows system (2000 or later) with a little bit of manual work, or it should just work nice and cleanly on an actual Miltope computer.

Depending on the specific version of the EMS2 software you have, I'd be very interested in a trade of software. Most of the IETMs only will work with later versions of EMS, and they stopped bundling it with the individual IETMs, making it very difficult to access. There's a couple of us looking to get ahold of that software to access IETMs for some newer vehicles.

GreaseMonkee63b

New to the forum, I have recently started to mess with this system. Yesterday to be specific, burned up the internals in the green ice box. If anybody here is familiar with the electrical boards inside and can guide me in the identification of burned up parts, that would be helpful. I have experience with circuit board component repairs so that should not be an issue. I can assist with some IETMs and the "factory" 2 disks for MSDv2

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look up my protective control box thread and follow the schematics to bypass that piece of crap.

No video yet.

Video delayed until further notice as I’m in hospital recovering from the Chinese Virus

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look up my protective control box thread and follow the schematics to bypass that piece of crap.

No video yet.

Video delayed until further notice as I’m in hospital recovering from the Chinese Virus
hmmm, piece of crap? Yes...for all the old box’s,PCB’s...early EESS is 90%, I’ve now been running S3 boxes for about 5yrs and installed more than I can remember, I have one in every truck I own “12” and never a starting issue past freezing temps. For those that work on all the different military vehicles such as 5 tons, they too have PCB and are even a bigger POS. The issue is most folks just want to go cheap, meaning they don’t want to spend the $900-1000 for a new S3, but the same was true when they were $350-500 from a distributor only last year, I know this because my company sold hundreds and had these very conversations, and let me add...not a Single customer returned an S3 box.

Wire Fox

Folks, GreaseMonkey63b is asking about the internals of the ICE diagnostics adapter box, not the HMMWV PCB.

I can't for the life of me remember if I have the black or the green adapter box. After Christmas, I may be able to find some time to take a look and see if I can easily disassemble my unit for some pictures.

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RWH, maybe it’s because I caught the Chinese Virus and I’m feeling ornery, but for the first time I’m gonna disagree with you my friend. Don’t take it too personal.

The EESS PCB is a bullshit piece of invasive tech that is over designed glow plug protection. It protects 70 dollars of plugs with 1000 dollars of fiddly overthought technology. I made a replacement for 100 clams that is bulletproof. A well known movie rental Hummer rental guy in California did the same.

Don’t spend for an EESS and just bypass the farking thing.

All other things I agree with you Steve, but on this issue, the PCB and EESS stuff is complete bullsh...

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Folks, GreaseMonkey63b is asking about the internals of the ICE diagnostics adapter box, not the HMMWV PCB.

I can't for the life of me remember if I have the black or the green adapter box. After Christmas, I may be able to find some time to take a look and see if I can easily disassemble my unit for some pictures.
You mean STE/ICE ?

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RWH, maybe it’s because I caught the Chinese Virus and I’m feeling ornery, but for the first time I’m gonna disagree with you my friend. Don’t take it too personal.

The EESS PCB is a bullshit piece of invasive tech that is over designed glow plug protection. It protects 70 dollars of plugs with 1000 dollars of fiddly overthought technology. I made a replacement for 100 clams that is bulletproof. A well known movie rental Hummer rental guy in California did the same.

Don’t spend for an EESS and just bypass the farking thing.

All other things I agree with you Steve, but on this issue, the PCB and EESS stuff is complete bullsh...
Your welcome to do what ever you want...go back and read my post again.
FYI, the price increase is due to a settled law suit between Narton and KDS and patent infringement.
The box is also NOT just a glow plug controller and GP timer.
I don’t get paid to jury rig customer and Govt owned vehicles....don’t take it personally.

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your welcome to do what ever you want...go back and read my post again.
FYI, the price increase is due to a settled law suit between Narton and KDS and patent infringement.
The box is also NOT just a glow plug controller and GP timer.
I don’t get paid to jury rig customer and Govt owned vehicles....don’t take it personally.
Yeah, your government contracts are sacred! Can’t mess around there!!!

But for us non-government folks, we don’t need to tear our hairs out. I love my bypass. I’m also not quite as deep pocketed as our lovable Uncle Sam.

We all love u man. You have really helped me out more than a few times. That’s why I wanted to be careful with my wording.

Stay well! Wear masks!!!! Avoid this Chinese Plague!!!!!

Charles aka TOBASH

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks