• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MTVR batteries

Barowner

I see in a thread that the battery to use is the 6TMF.
What is the connection, screw on or clamp?
and is that also the correct size to fit securely in the batt box?
thanks for nay help in advance.
Tom

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The truck has the regular car battery clamps. Mine were corroded but I think it would be hard to find a replacement. So 2 regular post type batteries will work. The battery box is over sized to fit the military batteries. I had brought some hard plastic foam to stick under the batteries to bring them up to the height required for the cables to reach.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I see in a thread that the battery to use is the 6TMF.
What is the connection, screw on or clamp?
and is that also the correct size to fit securely in the batt box?
thanks for nay help in advance.
Tom
They use standard post.

You can use group 31s

Replacement terminals are grote #84-9581 postive, 84-9581 negative. Can be found at napa or truck pro or ordered

Reactions: 98G

Barowner

Thanks all for the replies. Found two new 6TMF and they on the way next week. $200 each. Not horrible.
MTVR will be here before the batteries.
local tire and repair shop loaned me two returned batteries to put in it and i am making crossover cable and will install them in MTVR so when truck delivers this weekend i can start it. I have an M1009 and slave cable to fire it up to drive off trailer, i realized that it probably needs batteries in place for slave cable start to work. Then a stealthy two mile run to the house, lol. Semi would never make it up the narrow dirt roads.
I am more excited about this truck than when i had three M1009s delivered.
What an interesting hobby.
Now the next agonizing wait for SF97, suppose that gives me time to clean and debug.

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Barowner,

It seems like the SF-97s are not taking as long as they used to so here is wishing you get yours soon.

Jon

737Driver

Thanks all for the replies. Found two new 6TMF and they on the way next week. $200 each. Not horrible.
MTVR will be here before the batteries.
local tire and repair shop loaned me two returned batteries to put in it and i am making crossover cable and will install them in MTVR so when truck delivers this weekend i can start it. I have an M1009 and slave cable to fire it up to drive off trailer, i realized that it probably needs batteries in place for slave cable start to work. Then a stealthy two mile run to the house, lol. Semi would never make it up the narrow dirt roads.
I am more excited about this truck than when i had three M1009s delivered.
What an interesting hobby.
Now the next agonizing wait for SF97, suppose that gives me time to clean and debug.
Where did you find the 6tmf batts for 200$??
Thanks

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Where did you find the 6tmf batts for 200$??
Thanks
6TLs are available at oreilly for $202. And $219 at napa, if you buy 3 or more items from napa they will give you 20% off line and pick up in store. Or if they have the bucket sale.

6TL = Group 6 non maintenance free (has water levels you can check)
6TMF = Maintenance free, still is a standard flooded battery but does not need the water level checked (may not be accessible either)
6T-AGM = Absorbed glass mat battery, no water to fill or check. More vibration resistant.

Attachments

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup, as a former Napa employee everything blue and gold had a premium price.

I am partial to O'reilly now as one of my sons is a store manager.

Stay Safe :cool:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks