• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MTVR towing capacities

tnjtransport

Good evening gentlemen. Thank you for adding me to your group. I have tried scouring the web, and this awesome site, and I am unable to find what I am looking for. My questions:

1.What is the maximum rated trailer towing capacity for the MK23, and the MK31 tractors in the 2000 model year?

2. where can a fellow find the replacement driver and passenger doors?
Thank you

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check in the TM section and locate the operators TM. If they are available to the public, they will be in there

DeMilitarized

@Elijah95 has a youtube channel that can help you with your MTVR on things that aren't in the limited TMs avalible check out "The MTVR Channel" on youtube. Second, doors are currently being worked on being manufactured by multiple parties on Facebook Groups trying to replicate them. Patience or lots of money is the only way to get your hands on doors. Also it is $14k for doors from oshkosh.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
0A3F8F55-271A-4935-BF9F-4C864D775921.jpeg2FA88B2E-6BFB-4F28-870B-F71D61F6D4DA.jpeg851E90B4-467F-4F7F-85DB-ED6AB883DA74.jpegJust dug through that manual and towing capacity isn’t mentioned. However I can say, my MK23 cargo truck has a data plate for 20,000 towed glued to the door however i believe verbiage may not be detailed enough. The pintle is reinforced much better than a M939 series truck, and I’ve personally pulled 47,000+ Trailer and cargo weight with an additional 5000 in the bed without issue, truck handled excellent and the trailer has full air brakes as well so stopping was not an issue whatsoever. So i believe the 20k max should be written as tongue weight, because the one time I loaded a wrecker backwards on my pintle trailer overloading the pintle of the truck it lightened up the front end substantially.

TacMac2012

I have the doors listed on ebay, I would discount a little if purchased direct from me. Yes, they are expensive. I have three pairs of doors left that I don't currently have trucks to put them on, I will likely sell only 1 set in case I buy another MTVR or two. Basically ALL the trucks are being sold now WITHOUT doors. I have yet to see ANYONE with doors aside from the right side doors that have sold at auction recently, and once pair of those brought close to what I am asking for a L&R pair.

As for what the truck will pull, the answer is PLENTY.

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the doors listed on ebay, I would discount a little if purchased direct from me. Yes, they are expensive. I have three pairs of doors left that I don't currently have trucks to put them on, I will likely sell only 1 set in case I buy another MTVR or two. Basically ALL the trucks are being sold now WITHOUT doors. I have yet to see ANYONE with doors aside from the right side doors that have sold at auction recently, and once pair of those brought close to what I am asking for a L&R pair.

As for what the truck will pull, the answer is PLENTY.
Might be a good idea to make good measurements of those doors at least good enough that somebody can fab up something that'll work good enough. Then people can use those plans to make new doors or have them made by somebody. Perhaps some industrious fabricator can start making those doors on the side and selling them to the people who bought doorless trucks! Even better have them 3D scanned in addition to just being measured.

GILBERT2020

View attachment 887847View attachment 887848View attachment 887849Just dug through that manual and towing capacity isn’t mentioned. However I can say, my MK23 cargo truck has a data plate for 20,000 towed glued to the door however i believe verbiage may not be detailed enough. The pintle is reinforced much better than a M939 series truck, and I’ve personally pulled 47,000+ Trailer and cargo weight with an additional 5000 in the bed without issue, truck handled excellent and the trailer has full air brakes as well so stopping was not an issue whatsoever. So i believe the 20k max should be written as tongue weight, because the one time I loaded a wrecker backwards on my pintle trailer overloading the pintle of the truck it lightened up the front end substantially.
Good memories on this one man. Just glad you made it back home safe.

sneaky3531

I wish I would have taken pics of some of the loads I hauled and towed behind MTVRs in the Corps. Used to pull an EET trailer loaded to the gills with pallets of 155 rounds, powder, and the bed full of pallets of 50 cal and 7.62 ammo. Needless to say, it was well over what that data sheet says lol.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks