• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Muffler for M35A2

rhyne6262

I saw a discussion a few months ago pertaining to a replacement vertical muffler from napa. I didnt write the part number down and was wandering if anyone knew that part number
Regards
Adam

sermis

The muffler makes a big difference on noise. You can have a conversation and hear what the other person is saying. It is still loud and hearing protection is needed for long trips. One problem I had with mine is when I went to put the windshield down the wing nut bolt hit the muffler. I thought it was just hanging from rusty hinges and forced it down. Snap went the bolt and down went the windshield. I went by a muffler shop and found one that was smaller around and a couple inches taller that I liked but was almost twice the price. There is also a section f the can that is not insulated and the paint will burn off.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They sure did. If one wants mufflers, remove turbo and send to Chuck or myself. Also note topic forum changed.

ida34

Re: RE: Muffler for M35A2

sermis said:
Did they not have mufflers before the turbo?
Those deuces were weak and were killed off by the younger more aggressive turbo no muffler deuces. Too much in breeding produced the M35a3 with a muffler but it was developmentally challenged and did not do so well in the wild.

goldneagle

RE: Re: RE: Muffler for M35A2

I installed a NAPA muffler on my deuce and I do not notice any performance difference. I do notice a big difference in the volume level of the deuce is half what it used to be. Now I can install a stereo system in her for the long trips. It will also be easier to hear the CB radio without all that noise!!

rujimbob

Thanks so much for the part number. Ended up getting one and a flapper. My J-pipe was rusted at the trap. I had a local muffler shop weld it all in and modify the J-pipe (That's what I get for buying the "guaranteed fits your vehicle" part on ebay).

Pics on my profile in a public folder if you're curious.

rujimbob

Nice. My bracket is at the factory spot, but I had it welded on the back side. You can barely see it peeking from behind in my pic. Works well so far.

sandcobra164

That's probably how I would have done it if I were by myself. My friend owns his own welding and fabrication business and is very meticulous about the work he turns out. What I thought would be a 30 minute process turned into about a 3 hour process. He kept saying "it's going to look factory when I get done".

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was considering doing something somewhat similar with my Aero Turbine 3535XL muffler, but I am hesitant to modify the original exhaust heat shield - you know, that idea that it can always be, more or less, returned to original. But at this point I'm not sure who would ever want to do that...

My clamp extension tends to still let the exhaust vibrate a bit more than I'd care for on a bumpy highway, but I'm not certain that can be eliminated easily.

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...s-1972-M35A2&p=2026036&viewfull=1#post2026036

2017-05-22 19.28.09.jpg 2017-06-17 10.27.33.jpg 2017-06-17 10.29.28-1.jpg 2017-06-10 19.17.32.jpg 2017-06-17 10.27.25.jpg 2017-06-17 10.27.14.jpg 2017-06-17 10.29.41.jpg 2017-06-17 11.00.18-1.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks