• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Muffler madness

OldGoat

The muffler is a great idea, I used a racing muffler from Jegs high performance to keep is low profile. just be sure to use high temp paint ! what you see is the brown promer not rust. Now I figure to let the paint I used burn off and then apply the high temp kind.
Any more pictures of your M52a2? I have one also, yours looks great.

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can't have a muffler and not increase the back pressure, even the straight throughs. There will be a small drop in power along with a slight increase in EGT's.
I am going to get my bobbed deuce dynoed as soon as it is operational again. Can't find a dyno for my tandem truck.

goatowner

Anyone ever route the exhaust and muffler under the truck? I'm considering doing that due to clearance issues with my garage door on my barn (cheaper than building new barn.) I got the new muffler and even with cutting the pipes shorter and still being able to secure it it is too tall to park it indoors. I have to removed the whole stack at the fender to get it inside.

tm america

i have a 3.5 inch racing muffler on mine from jegs .its a full flow muffler it sits under the shield and looks factory you can hardly tell its there by looking but it cut the noise by about half you can talk to eachother without yelling even while on the highway

Attachments

tm america

actually the muffler added power to my truckby making more heat the turbo spools up at a lower rpm so it gives more boost and more power throughout the power range its a racing full flow type that flows ten times more than is needed for a 2600rpm motor i noticed the difference as soon as i put it oni turned the fuel up till i got black smoke that was before the muffler and now with the muffler my boost is just under 30psi

Racky

I installed the walker 21470 muffler on my deuce and the results were better than expected. I dont have to wear ear plugs around town and you can hear the turbo no problem.

Racky

avengeusa

so where does one get a pyro, and which muffler is better to use, the glasspack type, or the walker one everyone seems to be using?

jatonka

Avengeusa, I use the Dynomax 24216 in my upper stack on the M109A3 that went to The Pacific Ocean and back, 7000 miles in 28 days across the USA on US Route 20 and back on US Route 30. It has a stock, LDT-465-1D engine with 1D turbo. I burned diesel fuel and did not turn up the pump. I pulled a 105 trailer with clothing repair shelter mounted on it full of tools, fuel and 4 men's gear over 3 mountain ranges. No problems at all. I could talk to my rider through the whole trip. JT

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whatever kind of muffler Sermis used, it was very quiet as well. Napa something I believe. My concern is cutting the stack pipe. Is there a way to preserve the stock connecting flange?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks