• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Muffler on a multi-fuel...?

Gastrap

I just finished welding on a Moroso spiral unit, looks almost stock. Much easier on the ears, but still a good whistle from my "C", will still need earplugs with the passenger window open at highway speeds.

I didn't notice much performance difference, but the EGT's get up quicker accelerating up a hill (pump is turned up). Rapco tan turned pinkish on the first trip just like the real CARC on the J-tube. Just have to watch the pyro a little closer when I'm making black clouds:lol:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for everyones advise.

This was an easy mod. The muffler tucked right in behind the safety screen. I got this from a SS member this past winter. I also took delivery on a snorkel from another member complete with the double clamps. The whole mod took 1 hour to install with minimal tools. I was amazed at the difference in the sound factor.

I would guess between the two mods the sound level was cut in half. I like the look and I am glad I did it.

I thought I would finish this thread with my final outcome. I appreciate everyones input on the subject. Everyone has been so helpful...!

Peace out..!

Attachments

they make noise just sitting the driveway...

There is no sneaking up on someone with a deuce even if its not running.
I think they make noise just sitting in the driveway.
My 109 box would heat up, boom, cool down, bang
Thats from the heat shields on the windows and the rooftop buckling in the heat.
Closing doors sounds like you are hitting a gong.
But what can I say, im installing a muffler and running my exaust out the back on my bobber. I just feel sorry for anyone tailgating me. poof cough cough.

That's pretty dang funny...

PsycoBob

For enhanced tailgater removal, pull the line from the flame heater & install an injector just after the turbo. For added suck, feed it with used atf. :twisted:

I like the snorkel idea- I've seen a 90 put on the intake to keep the mushroom out of the snow. Guess I'll have to start looking for a snorkel.

Last edited:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's cool. Easy install ha..? Personally my ears can't handle the whistle like they used to. I am glad your happy with your install. Tell Jon hello for me. I miss his insight around here.

I was thinking of installing an additional one for additional sound deadening. I would have to install it after the pipe split. Cheers Caliber1

caliber1

That's cool. Easy install ha..? Personally my ears can't handle the whistle like they used to. I am glad your happy with your install. Tell Jon hello for me. I miss his insight around here.

I was thinking of installing an additional one for additional sound deadening. I would have to install it after the pipe split. Cheers Caliber1
Started out easy, except I cut 2" too much off, so I took the j pipe off to weld the stub back on, then found the bottom rotted out some, so plkated that up while it was off....one of those weeks,LOL.

Haven't seen or heard from him since February, or whenever it was on here. Saw ODDBALL and Rayzor today, went and got a lock tab for my rear axle from Ray. Effed one up last night taking the rears off to install new wheel cylinders. Will hunt him down one day, wanna see his bobber. Have a good one Don.

Dm35

I use a larger muffler that is stock at the NAPA store. I have installed it on both my Deuces and I like the results. It is larger in diameter than the Dynamax but I like it. If you use it you cannot reinstall the stock heat shield due to the size of the muffler. I don't care about the heat shield. i think it looks beefy.
What s the Napa stack number ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks