• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Muffler & Resonator Install w/Empirical Results

Unforgiven

Most of the noise is coming from the firewall, floorboard, and windshield. It needs a hood blanket, soundproofing sprayed on the underside, proper boots on the shifters & pedals, and Rhinolining or similar material inside the cab. Better sealing of the doors & windshield would also help.

If the above is ever done then I'll retake dB readings in the cab. My goal is to be able to drive it without ear muffs. Right now, I have not succeeded in that. 80 dB is my optimistic goal.

Yes it's ugly, but temporary.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
w:shock:w that thing is huge, it makes your truck look small!!! I've got a dynomax muffler that fits behind the stock heat shield and while i don't have a db meter your qualitative results are exactly how i would describe it.

On your stack I just had to have a chrome 4inch so i went to motor trucks sectioned a piece out of old stack cut old stack below fender stuck sectioned piece into new stack put a flat stainless strap and welded the rest to existing pipe worked out great and even reworked the fender trim looks cool loud as ****