• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mules and the Gator

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That is a heck of a nice trailer. Aluminum trailers are the bomb.

Is the Gator a new addition?

nickd

Clint,
Yes. The gator is a newer acquisition.

A local guy had it. I restored it and it made its first appearance at the USMC birthday bash in Philly last November 10. It was in decent shape I put a head gasket,glow plugs, and injectors in the 3 cylinder yanmar diesel engine. The rest was paint, new seats and plastic fenders. I wanted to paint it tan but the plastic fenders and hood were available from JD. JD only made the plastic in JD green and OD green the drop side dumping bed is a nice feature.

The trailer is all aluminum except for the wood deck and dual torsion axles, the aluminum ramps stow in an underbed crossbed locking compartment. The deck is 101 1/2" wide with a rub rail all around a spare tire is mounted under the deck and there is a tool box in the tongue.the deck is long enough to carry 4 mules ( only 1 wide tire ) all cross bed with the foot baskets removed.
The wrap around rub rail and added flush mounted chain tiedowns in the wood deck are convenient.

As mentioned, the trailer and vehicles will visit the MTA show in Sussex NJ this month and the Findlay Ohio show in May. I am skipping Aberdeen this year

As mentioned, the load in the picture will be at the Sussex

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

That trailer carries a very usefull (and nice looking) load. I wish I had kept my 20 foot trailer now, recently sold, Now we have to work out how to get two jeeps to a show again.

nickd

Follow up.
I made the trip to Findlay and back. About 10 hours each way. Was well worth the trip. Met up with old friends and meg some new ones as well. The trailer tracks perfectly with the 6.7 diesel running at 80. The gator got a good work out as well. Here it is resting between runs.

Attachments

Another Ahab

Follow up.
I made the trip to Findlay and back. About 10 hours each way. Was well worth the trip. Met up with old friends and meg some new ones as well. The trailer tracks perfectly with the 6.7 diesel running at 80. The gator got a good work out as well. Here it is resting between runs.
Now THAT'S an expedition, for sure.

You weren't hauling any everyday load; did you get any acknowledgements from the traffic at all, to-and-from?

nickd

Now THAT'S an expedition, for sure.

You weren't hauling any everyday load; did you get any acknowledgements from the traffic at all, to-and-from?
I have a great radar detector (valentine 1) I can detect them before they know I am on their radar. So there were no citations.

the general public generally waved or honked their horns as they or I passed by.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks