• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multi fuel Question

cobra5

Other than Diesel type fuels what other kinds of fuel can be used in these engines? Can you use a 50/50 mix of Diesel fuel and Jet oil without affecting performance or harming the engine? We discard alot of used jet oil that has less than 50 hours on it so I was thinking about cutting fuel costs.

DeucesWild11

Oh geeze.. someone is going to rip on you for not searching first.. There is some kind of warning on using aviation grade fuel in the deuce but but not sure about jet Oil.. There is a variety of stuff people use.. just make sure it's on the oily side..

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
There is some kind of warning on using aviation grade fuel in the deuce but but not sure about jet Oil..
That warning concerns aviation grade gasoline......back when it was used by the Military for propeller driven planes (yes the Army had planes). The deuce would burn it straight but it would prob damage the engine

I got stranded in Germany one time and the only fuel on the site I was at was 110 octane AVGAS....the old crewchief at the airfield put 20 gallons of AVGAS and 20 gallons of 30 weight motor oil in my tank and I made it back to Franfurt without a problem.

If you are referring to some type of aviation lubricating oil that should be OK if you thin it with gas or diesel.

There is a ton of info on this subject under the "Alternate Fuels" thread.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
This is probably the most complete thread about the various substitutes for a multifuel:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/14072-known-fuels-multi-fuel-deuce.html

It is one of at least a dozen threads. :roll:

Please carry further discussion over to the relevant threads.

This is probably the most complete thread about the various substitutes for a multifuel:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/14072-known-fuels-multi-fuel-deuce.html

It is one of at least a dozen threads. :roll:

Please carry further discussion over to the relevant threads.

Really?

Really?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Yes.

Yes.

Sorry.

Sorry.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks