• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

multi fuel questions

joeypushjr1

well im now in market for deuce and if i come into one and happens to be multi fuel.. ive been told you can prety much use anything that burns....well i guess the question im leading to is say i wanna use the oil from oil changes and what not.. what kind of filters should it be put threw first.. any kind of particulate. filter and what ever eles you can think of to help would be good.. thankyou ...joe

sgt.usmc

m109guy

You cannot just dump anything into the truck, especially not used oil. The multi-fuel engine can take diesel, gasoline, kerosene and JP8. But they recommend that you run on diesel as things like gasoline doesn't lubricate the fuel injectors. They are made multi-fuel in case they get stuck somewhere with no desel and need to run on something else like gas in a pinch, but it doesn't mean you can run on anything all the time.

Westech

CPL
well I have burned 100% used ATF, 100% gas, 100% diesel, 50% used motor oil, Paint thinner, New motor oil, Home heating oil, Kerosene, and every mix of the bunch. Only problem I have had is a little hard starting with the Gas and fuel filters getting very dirty with in a month or two. You can do just about anything you want. and I drove across the country with my mix of goods with no problems at all. GO FOR IT!

Last edited by a moderator:

joeypushjr1

yeah i was going to loook at the fourm but i was told anything can be thrown into it..but back to another question i had what kind of filtering to you have to put the stuff threw before you throw it into your rig

dburt

For waste motor oil you need to filter it pretty good, I have heard that you need a good filter with the same micron specs as your regular oil filter. You can use a barrel and set up your filter above the fill hole and drip your waste oil thru the filter into the barrel, make sure the barrel is really clean first of course. Then you can pump the waste oil into your tank as you need it. To get the best performance and engine life, you really ought to mix the waste motor oil 50/50 with gas or diesel. You can also filter waste vegetable oil, and mix it in warmer weather with 25% gas, 25% diesel and 50% vege oil. Kerosene is too expensive to burn, as is aviation fuel. Add a good diesel conditioner that removes water to each tank, and in cold weather make sure the conditioner is the type that prevents gelling.

Hammer

Plenty of stuff to read in the Alt fuels section.

I have ran a lot of WMO, gear oil, hydraulic oil, atf, etc.
The biggest thing to filter out is the WATER!

I run my oil/fuel combo through a water separator/filter before running it.
I like to use a larger mesh to catch the detritus before it gets into my collection tanks.

bottleworks

yeah i was going to loook at the fourm but i was told anything can be thrown into it..but back to another question i had what kind of filtering to you have to put the stuff threw before you throw it into your rig
Yes you can burn far more then the official approved fuels. If you want to know how to clean UMO, search the alt fuels section. That is the place to learn about it.

m109guy said:
You cannot just dump anything into the truck, especially not used oil.
I am sorry, but I have to disagree. It just needs to be filtered well.

Last edited:

m109guy

I am sorry, but I have to disagree. It just needs to be filtered well.
I have no doubt that you can. I guess I should have phrased it better in the sense that you can but it is not recommended to just dump the "unfiltered" oil in there. I have heard a few people stating just to dump anything and everything in the tank, but without filtering the stuff you can put yourself in a heap of trouble. ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks