• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

multi fuel shelter heater.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am looking for a safe multi fuel shelter heater for a container.The picture is a shelter heater and is exactly what I am looking for, plenty of heat with minimal power draw to run fan. In an emergency situation I do not want to use the existing 2000 watt electric oil radiator heater. This uses to much power, this power could be used more efficently elswhere.

Any suggentions would be greatly appreciated.

Don

Attachments

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the fuel heaters out of my expandable shop van but have not looked at them for awhile to see what they are rated at. Thought they were 120v multi fuel and forget the btu's. Of coures there is the stack issue though,

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the fuel heaters out of my expandable shop van but have not looked at them for awhile to see what they are rated at. Thought they were 120v multi fuel and forget the btu's. Of coures there is the stack issue though,
Thats cool, the stack is a non issue, I beleive its a 4-6" flue. Let me know if you have one thats in good condition and we can make a deal..K

Don

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
An uninsulated metal shipping container is going to be a bear to heat or cool unless you have it buried in the side of a hill with a few feet of dirt around itl.

If you are careful and have adaquate ventilation you can use a Yukon stove....they can burn liquid fuels, coal or wood......a bunch of them sold on GL a while back (they were new in the box and I think they sold out of OKC or Lochborn OH).

We had them in Korea and when it was -35 outside we were warm inside our little command tent.

Check it out: New U.S. Military Yukon M1950 Stove, Military Surplus, Brand Not Specified, New Never Issued Us Military Yukon M1950 Wood Woodburning Stove Usa Made at Sportsman's Guide

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
because I am looking for a S250 shelter heater wich my M1028 is made to haul. I have seen where some people buy the shelters and make a camper and remove the heaters.
Don

I have some of these available:

The Space Heater Arctic (SHA) is a lightweight, portable, multi-fueled, non-powered heater intended to heat five and ten man arctic tents. Provides a maximum heat output of 28K BTU with a high/low adjustment capability. The SHA replaces the current Yukon heater, which has severe operational deficiencies and poses a serious safety hazard in the field. The SHA operates without the use of electrical power and can burn all types of liquid fuel (DF-2, DF-1, DF-A, JP-5, JP-8) and solid fuel (wood and coal). The SHA utilizes the new vaporizing S-tube burner technology that overcomes the major combustion and safety problems that have existed over the past 50 years in the nonpowered heater industry. These problems include poor smoky combustion of diesel fuel and the hazardous exposure of a pool of raw fuel during operation. The new vaporizing S-tube burner technology eliminates these deficiencies while still maintaining simplicity, ruggedness, and low cost.
The NSN for the Space Heater Arctic (SHA) is 4520-01-444-2375. The cost is around $700 including all accessories.
Description:

The SHA measures 17" H times 9" W times 17" L and weighs 41 lbs, including all accessories. These accessories are comprised of the stack, flue cap, gravity feed adapter, fuel can stand and hoses. All accessory components, including the pre-assembled, telescoping stove pipe, can be stored within the heater making it highly mobile and easy to assemble. The SHA is operational in temperatures ranging from minus 60° F to 60° F, and can be stored in temperatures ranging from minus 60° F to 160° F.

kennys@wi.rr.com

I have one of the heaters from Greg. I used it in the back of my deuce when it had the built cover and it worked very well. I used corn and wood, because I was unable to find a jerry can with the correct size cap. I hope to be picking up an S280 from another member soon and it will be going in there for sure.

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice job kenny, I am impressed with your inginuity.

Don

An uninsulated metal shipping container is going to be a bear to heat or cool unless you have it buried in the side of a hill with a few feet of dirt around itl.

If you are careful and have adaquate ventilation you can use a Yukon stove....they can burn liquid fuels, coal or wood......a bunch of them sold on GL a while back (they were new in the box and I think they sold out of OKC or Lochborn OH).

We had them in Korea and when it was -35 outside we were warm inside our little command tent.

Check it out: New U.S. Military Yukon M1950 Stove, Military Surplus, Brand Not Specified, New Never Issued Us Military Yukon M1950 Wood Woodburning Stove Usa Made at Sportsman's Guide
Also, why is this in the CUCV forum

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks