• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

multifuel "C" turbo on M35A3 ?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You were a baby once too.

JasonS

Ummm yeah, they are. You've got to consider they've been around for 30+ years. Turbo design has came WAAAAY ahead since then. The latest hot thing in turbos are "batmowheels" as they're nicknamed. It know it looks like a damaged wheel, but the blades are actually "waved". It gives a lot more surface area making a 60mm compressor outflow a standard 60mm with no mods other than the wheel.

View attachment 408899

A modern S300 or 400 borg warner turbo certainly would outflow the C or D turbo.

BTW, the D turbo flows more than the C turbo.
I guess what I am looking for is a quantitative technical description of what is better, how much it is better, and why. Are new turbos a 50%, 20%, or an incremental improvement over the 4LE or 3LM? "WAAAAY" doesn't really answer the question.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well it's honestly going to be an apples to oranges comparison. But I know the C/D turbos have a 60mm compressor wheel. I know a S300 in a 65mm trim will flow over 1000cfm. From what I've gathered, the C/D's only flow around 500cfm. Unfortunately I don't have a compressor map to compare.

caliber1

Most of us were born, Patracy was hatched. Honestly Steve, I put a muffler on my C turbo. It really sounded good, until you are in it for a while at highway speeds. Well, what a deuce does for highway speeds. roflIs there no turbo on an A3? A good friend of mine works at CAT in Orlando, if you want, I will call him and he'll ask some of the old timers what they say.

This is just too much info. for removing a muffler, born or hatched?

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Every body loves the sound of a M35A2 wishler, all the A3's have turbo's but i guess that big muffler is what really quiets it down. I would like to install an A2 chamber and stack.

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a m35a2 recently that has a whistler and a muffler on it. I hated the muffler, it makes it where you can hear all the engine noises that make me crazy trying to find where the noises are coming from. I cut it out about two weeks after I got the truck and much prefer the loud exhaust and do enjoy the whistle. My other M35a2 has the D-turbo on it and no muffler and I like it alot too. I will never stick a muffler back on either of my deuces.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I posted that a while ago...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks