• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multifuel Deuce Injector Pump Lube

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
I agree with everyone on adding additives for our old trucks. but I've gotta say the company i work for has over 2400 diesel powered trucks and equipment and we use no additive in them at all. Most are fueled at retail stations. So they get all kinds of diesel fuel. again in mine i run an additive but at work we really have not much fuel related issues. We have mostly emission issues. New engines are designed to run on the fuel that's sold.
but OP noted this is about multi-fuel old engines. All those 2400 new truck engines better be able to run perfect on the new mandated fuel as they are mandated engines controls and design. OK back to the old engines.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The new diesel is crap and it will harm your multi fuel at 100%.
OK I said it.

There are other views on this subject.
Try this one.
View attachment 680360

When I attach the .pdf files to my stuff it always shows up as a big black box to me but others say they can see and read it, I duuno ...........
John Tennis has had this same diesel additive evaluation on his website for some time and it's a good read. It's not to long maybe 10 min. Frank8003, yea it's a big black box, but it opens just fine.

someoldmoose

2cents For those that have it available, veggie based bio-diesel is the best possible for ANY oil burner. It lubricates better than even sulfur in the old petro-diesel. Even clean WVO is acceptable. The esters are like teflon to the pump and injectors. The ONLY downside ? It cleans everything. If your fuel system isn't spotless, it will be after a few tanks full. So if you switch, keep a few fuel filters handy. You will have to change them more frequently until the system gets cleaned out. After that, smooth sailin' !

OH, and by the way. It also has a higher Cetane rating so when you switch, turn up da pump and roll coal !

Last edited:

F18hornetM

but OP noted this is about multi-fuel old engines. All those 2400 new truck engines better be able to run perfect on the new mandated fuel as they are mandated engines controls and design. OK back to the old engines.
To clarify.. I think with all agree with you about crap fuel both gas and diesel, so you dont need to keep saying "there I said it". Second I was referring to someone who had an issue with a new dura max destroying its injectors. I am positive it did just what he said, however..We used to have around 100 dura-maxs, mostly in C5500's.. We did put some injectors in but none that I can rememeber destroyed a whole set. 3rd, all our fleet is not new. By new i meant not as old as our multi fueled engines. Some are 20 years old, but of course none as old as my 1971 M35 :-D..
I do have a question, So you run new motor oil, at around what $8-11 per gallon at best, mixed with 50% fuel??? That some pricey fuel your using unless you get the "new" oil for free.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks