• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multifuel engine intercooler

tm america

run it without the filter for test purposes. i to have 410cfm stamped on my stock filter and thought running a k&n would really help lower egt since i have my fuel turned up i am really interested in seeing the egt difference betweeen stock,k&n,and no filter at all. i also wonder if it is feasable to run a separate cooling system just to the intake we experinented alot with this on my bosses race car we would fill the resovoir up with ice water just before each pass only problem was tuning since there is a big varience in intake temp doing that cuz it tends to melt the ice very quickly

Keith_J

Its a diesel. Don't think HP Think Torque
Torque is a function of cylinder pressure. Cylinder pressure is a function of injection rate which is limited by the injector nozzles and the pump. The stock 2-hole injectors cannot flow fast enough, even when over-fueled, without blowing HP out the exhaust.

The problem with turning up the rate with the stock injectors is the absurdly high compression ratio. While this makes for easy starting and the ability to use gasoline (yeah, backwards of what you think), turning up the fuel rate by nozzle swap will take cylinder pressure to extremes, causing head gasket issues.

randini

Correct me if I am not correct in my thinking, but I dont beleive a Cooled intake manifold would do much. The air flow is so great through the manifold, there is not much time to change the temp of the incoming air. Stock, the intake manifold is really a heater. It circulates hot water. The water Temp is probably less than the Incoming air (after turbo), but still higher than if there was no hot water going through it.....Thoughts??

Blackmagic94

It doesnt take any longer passing through an intercooler core as well.

High boost IATs are usually around 180-250 degrees and an intercooler can cool that down from there. Every bit helps.

Blackmagic94

It doesnt take any longer passing through an intercooler core as well.

High boost IATs are usually around 180-250 degrees and an intercooler can cool that down from there. Every bit helps.

Maddogg2.0

the best bet would be either to use an air to air intercooler or an air to water, the air spends about the same amount of time in the intercooler as it does in the intake manifold, but the intercooler has a much larger surface area, thus allowing the air to give off more heat.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks