• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multifuel engine noise

wsucougarx

Sounds pretty normal on the video. Can you pick up your concerned knocking sound on the video? Sometimes video audio recordings dont always represent what you hear in real life. Is you exhaust color normal once warmed up? Is there a color to your exhaust (ie: white)?

mightymanx

I have about 6000 miles behind 2 different deuces in tha last 2 years and other than the turbo noise and the driving style your trip sounded just like one of mine.

One deuce is bone stock and one has upped fuel.

This video sounds just like the truck. Exhaust is good just a little smoke when pulling hard. and a little Blue Grey smoke when cold at start up. Running close to 100% wmo.

91W350

Sounds like mine cold, it seems like everything rattles on mine cold!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FLwBpYdCQg[/media]

That was after running about 100 miles.

This next one sounds like mine too.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jljMLbQ7gq0&feature=related[/media]

I was around this one most of a day and it had a pretty noticeable knock, not after thoroughly warmed up though. I am with everybody else, if your oil pressure is good and it gets quieter while driving, just enjoy it!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIMfyG-09OE[/media]

Glen

dmetalmiki

mine are all different

My deuce and the M45 fire truck run like the truck pulling the truck in video. no knocks no rattles. smooth powerfull great. My reo (5 ton) has a noise not a rattle..a heavy clonk more like! and the wrecker is the same!..6 years on both start run and pull fine. I thought it was (is) a "5 ton" characteristic....I will record the and post over the weekend.. ((I just remembered my M54 which I sold last year was the same..and still going strong))...and that truck pulled my deuce hundreds of miles over the years..just a thought..and Iv'e allways sort a wished they did not make that sound!

I thought i would give an update.

Drove the truck to Washington for the rally. About 450 miles total driving.

All the strange intermittent knocks are gone.

Also going up I had a mix of WMO that had a lot of gear oil in it. Man the truck loves that gear oil. Pyro temps were down and the power was up. After running that tank out I refiled with a mix cut with gas and a lot of atf fluid. Power was down and pyro temps were up.

Song of Solomon 3:4 Scarcely had I passed by them, When I found the one I love. I held him and would not let him go, Until I had brought him to the house of my mother, And into the chamber of her who conceived me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks