• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multifuel fuel filters

Veesandskis

Hey guys, new here so how’s it going!
Anyways, I just picked up a M35A2 last week to go along with my M998. I found fuel filters but finding the correct o-rings has been a struggle. So I can get the wix 15070 which is correct for the secondary filters. (Turns out those gaskets are the oil filter housing gaskets for Farmall M tractors as well so that’s a plus!). The other gasket ive seen is a wix 15131 and no store can get that for me. Well after a bunch of searching on and crossing on wix website, I found a primary fuel filter that’s actually listed for a Hercules, continental, white, etc engine that comes with the correct gasket already. The filter is a wix 33113. Just figured I’d share that for everyone. Thanks and have a great day!

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I did mine they came with the gaskets in the box with the filter.

Check at the store if you get them in person.

Veesandskis

When I did mine they came with the gaskets in the box with the filter.

Check at the store if you get them in person.
I’ll do that! I just read on here that the gaskets are not quite right that come with the filters so I order the correct o rings and it’ll all be here tomorrow so I’ll post back with what I find

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If possible post back on your findings.

I did not have any issues but I would like to know the outcome you have.

Veesandskis

If possible post back on your findings.

I did not have any issues but I would like to know the outcome you have.
Will do. I’m not completely sure whether mines a Hercules or a white or a continental but I keep hearing the wix/napa filters have the correct filters but they come with gaskets that are too small so I’m not completely sure what to expect. Hopefully all goes well tomorrow. I have all the correct stuff to do the secondary’s but the primary was the one I was having a tough time sourcing the “correct gasket that I keep seeing I need to use. Do you happen to know how to tell which particular manufacturer my engine is?

Veesandskis

I used the Baldwin filters and the o-rings fit perfect. That was on a continental.
Awesome. Not completely sure what brand my motor is if it’s hercules white or continental but I might order those next go around to see. Seems this is kind of a hit and miss situation with these old things 😂

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty sure the filter bodies etc. for primary and secondary are standard items. Engine manufacturer should not play a role in this.

Elk1111

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wasn’t real sure. Mine was the old Continental 427. Some of the parts were a bit different especially on the injection pump.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Will do. I’m not completely sure whether mines a Hercules or a white or a continental but I keep hearing the wix/napa filters have the correct filters but they come with gaskets that are too small so I’m not completely sure what to expect. Hopefully all goes well tomorrow.

I have all the correct stuff to do the secondary’s but the primary was the one I was having a tough time sourcing the “correct gasket that I keep seeing I need to use. Do you happen to know how to tell which particular manufacturer my engine is?
THERE is a guy that has already, within SS, figured this all out and does supply all the filters and all the required proper seals for your filters filters. His filtersz do come with the required seal.
There is no mistake

Veesandskis

Hey guys, new here so how’s it going!
Anyways, I just picked up a M35A2 last week to go along with my M998. I found fuel filters but finding the correct o-rings has been a struggle. So I can get the wix 15070 which is correct for the secondary filters. (Turns out those gaskets are the oil filter housing gaskets for Farmall M tractors as well so that’s a plus!). The other gasket ive seen is a wix 15131 and no store can get that for me. Well after a bunch of searching on and crossing on wix website, I found a primary fuel filter that’s actually listed for a Hercules, continental, white, etc engine that comes with the correct gasket already. The filter is a wix 33113. Just figured I’d share that for everyone. Thanks and have a great day!
So I got my two primary filters I ordered to try on this thing and the 33113 fits perfect and comes with the correct o-ring. Everything went together slick. I’ll have to return the 33511. Still waiting on my secondary’s which will probably be here tomorrow. So if I were you guys I would try out the wix 33113! Same micron as the 33511 and same size filter plus it comes with the correct o-ring.

Gunner0311

I am having similar problems today, as I found my M52A2 will not start up! Appears to not be getting fuel? I am hopeful the problem is the fuel filters, which I have not change since the truck was rebuilt by the USA several thousand miles ago. I am trying to find filters locally so I get get the old girl running today, but cannot cross reference military t commercial fuel filters! Searching for a cross reference chart has found nothing?? Does anyone know of a commercial fuel filter part number for the M52A2 LDS-465 turbo diesel motor??

davidb56

I am having similar problems today, as I found my M52A2 will not start up! Appears to not be getting fuel? I am hopeful the problem is the fuel filters, which I have not change since the truck was rebuilt by the USA several thousand miles ago. I am trying to find filters locally so I get get the old girl running today, but cannot cross reference military t commercial fuel filters! Searching for a cross reference chart has found nothing?? Does anyone know of a commercial fuel filter part number for the M52A2 LDS-465 turbo diesel motor??
If you want to save time playing internet tag and researching, pull the fuel line off the tank and turn on the ignition (don't crank) to make sure the internal tank is pumping. If yes, reconnect it and go to the frame mounted primary fuel filter. loosen the discharge line and turn on the ignition again, fuel should squirt out under low pressure (maybe 5-10 psi. Just work your way up. Starting on a fuel problem in the middle is confusing sometimes.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Assure in tank fuel pump functioning. Put a gauge on it

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks