• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multifuel gauge positions always the same?

Gastrap

Were the multifuel gauges always located in the positions the TM shows? Mine were different, switched 4 of them around today but it got me wondering how the Army mechanics could get this wrong if all deuces were the same throughout the years. I suppose some of them are lucky just to get the right fluids in the right holes.:roll:

Gastrap

Of the ones I previewed at Camp Dodge, I didnt pay much attention to all the locations, but I do seem to remember several with oil pressure in the bottom row there.

The reason I looked into the TM for locations was because I found having my air & oil right next to each other seemed stupid, considering they have the same range. Much better where they are now!

Pawnshop

My M35 went through Toole in '92 and has the same arrangement, my M109 never did get a rebuild and it is different (though I can't recall the config right now) I will look tomorrow.

IHASFIP

Mine was done at Toole in 1992, but the gauges are arranged I believe "normally".
Yea, I guess it all just depends on what it looked like when you got it as to what is "normal" :) Yours is weird to me, and mine is normal. I am sure mine is just as weird to you.

If I change mine now it would always look like I would have plenty of fuel, im sticking with what I got.
Mine looks just like yours. I don't know where it was rebuilt though. Just that it was rebuilt in 86 I believe. Except for the motor which was rebuilt in 88.

D

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have trucks that have them in different positions also. I am just happy when they all work correctly.:-D

Attachments

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I first started my latest M109, I panicked and shut it down, because the 'oil' gauge never registered anything. Found out after I shut it down it was the fuel gauge in the upper left corner, in my other trucks, it is the oil pressure. I got so used to seeing oil pressure in that location, that I didn't even see the E-F on the gauge or the FUEL stenciled right under it.

Gastrap

My M109 has the oil press in the top left pos as well, might have to change that so it matches the M35, and might be able to figure out why it is INOP at this time...
Top left is where the TM shows it, just like your picture. Mine are like this now & much easier to look at without the two pressure gauges next to each other.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks