• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multifuel Idle speed adjustment

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
800 - 825. Its a little 1/4 inch screw with a lock nut toward the front of the throttle arm. Sorry, I'm not smart enough to paste a page from the manual. The TM is in the TM section here.

FreightTrain

Banned
Yea,well,I hate to say it about this great site but the search function sucks.I never can get it to work on my end right.Search multiple words like Torque Rod and I get stuff that only has Torque like engine torque,fasterener torque etc and Rod(Thrown rod,Broke rod,etc) and post with both words in them in both correct and incorrect text.Then on top of that my IE will suddenly lose it's spot on other pages and I will get No post window thing and have to go back to page one and try to start over......

HeadWizard

I also had trouble with the search function for multiple words but think I figured it out. Say you want to search for axle nut, you would type axle AND nut (without the quotation marks). You need to insert the word AND in capitals between the words in the phrase.

I've either enlightened some of you or I just took on the persona of Captain Obvious. I'm OK with either one.

2nd issue: in relation to idle speed, anyone know why when I start up the truck it won't idle unless I pull out on the throttle or rev it up for 10 seconds or so, then it idles fine.

acetomatoco

You have a drainback situation and some air gets in your injector lines and you get rid of it by increasing the fuel flow by throttling up... Some day when you have nothing else to do, shut the engine off warm and watch the transparent lines for a couple of hours and you may see some little bubbles forming in one or more return lines...there lies your leak...been there...even saw one doing it at the Portland CT show 3 years ago.....

alphadeltaromeo

ACE

Good point, as I have the exact same issue that HeadWizard does (2nd issue). When you say "transparent lines", are you referring to the return lines? I don't see any transparent lines anywhere...seems that's what you're saying, but to confirm would be appreciated :)

rizzo

ACE

Good point, as I have the exact same issue that HeadWizard does (2nd issue). When you say "transparent lines", are you referring to the return lines? I don't see any transparent lines anywhere...seems that's what you're saying, but to confirm would be appreciated :)

I have this issue also on my 543. When I start the truck I need to depress the fuel pedal all the way for it to start. It has been like this ever since I bought the truck. AFter I changed the HH o-rings it seemed to be worse and take linger to start. I think I will try to replace the transparent lines from the FDC to the HH.

advice?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks