• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multifuel injection pumps and parts from China

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe this is common knowledge, but I just came across a supplier and decided to post it. Some OEM equipment to manufacture LDT465-1C components seems to have found its way to China. New or NOS VE pumps are notoriously expensive and this may be useful:

http://www.chinahanji.com/

I am not affiliated and have no contacts with this company. Maybe someone gives it a try?

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Humm wonder how much they want for one? I'll think i'll stick to getting bad engines from GL and taking off parts i need. Saved alot of money that way!!

gene

I'm with you Freight Train. A few months back I incurred some smarty comments on SS about trying to get the chink junk out of my house and home, but I will tell you this. No Chinese stink on my truck.

Let's get'em before they have strategic oil reserves. For the more sensitive in our midst, don't blame me, blame my indoctrination by First Ranger Batt. As for me, I wont apologize for my stance.

Gene

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
check the new M35 replacement windshields country of origin. I believe there are some Chinese ones out there and if I saw what I saw, the quality was quite good. Not saying they won't rust in 3 months, but am saying that it will take vigilance and extra money to avoid such imports in the future. Can windshields really be repaired after they are so rusty?

What's Chinese on my truck? dang it, the air conditioner probably has some parts, maybe some of the dash lamps, gotta watch them headlamps too. The steering tires on the front are Japanese.

The coming situation with truck parts is like the already existing situation with industrial vacuum tubes I use daily, so I will illustrate a point.
The 1000 watt transmitter uses a pair of type "3-500Z" tubes in the moduator that cost $375 each if I use NOS Eimac or RCA brand. These are big-ass tubes, not little dinky guitar amp tubes. The Chinese ones give no trouble, pass my demanding tests, and cost $120 each. They even have graphite anodes, certainly a copy of the honorable old Amperex brand. I cannot afford the USA made ones and I owe no apology to anyone for keeping the 50-year old radio set on the air. Those are the only non-US parts in the transmitter. Anyone is welcome to send me a pair of NOS American made 3-500Z's and I will gladly install them, returning the Chinese ones to the sender for use as target practice, whatever.

If anyone has a suggestion to reverse and fix the trend I'd like to know it.
The only solution I can see is that we manufacture our goods here, the cost of nearly everything manufactured goes up by 2x to 4x. I'll pay it, if everyone else will, for the good of the country. If it means I go without something till I save up for the US version, OK. This idea will never work unles it is a National objective and there are too many un-American people in the regulatory bodies to ever agree to such a thing, such a law, not to mention the general populace.

"A Mazda in every garage and two fortune cookies in every pot" -it's the devil! It's a visitation of recompense for the greed of this nation!

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Somebody posted:
... trying to get the chink junk out of my house and home, but I will tell you this. No Chinese stink on my truck.
Due to the global nature of trade and the fact that North American consumers are all over cheap goods like wasps over sugar and industry eager to outsource production to extremely cheap places to meet this demand, I am afraid that this has become an impossible task.

Our economy invites Chinese goods - it is not as if China was flooding us with goods against our will. It takes two: the ones that produce and the ones that buy. The latter may be the most important influence when shopping for daily goods.

For example, any WalMart customer may want to reflect on this, before attempting to mount the moral high horse. What is the percentage of "Made in China" merchandise on WalMart shelves?

As far as quality goes, I think it is reasonable to say that Chinese manufactured products can indeed be as good or better than North American made brands. Junk quality can be found anywhere, regardless of origin.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Somebody posted:
... trying to get the chink junk out of my house and home, but I will tell you this. No Chinese stink on my truck.
Due to the global nature of trade and the fact that North American consumers are all over cheap goods like wasps over sugar and industry being eager to outsource production to extremely cheap places to meet this demand while still making a killing, I am afraid that the wish to be "non-US-made-free" has become an impossible task.

Our economy invites Chinese goods - it is not as if China was flooding us with goods against our will. It takes two: the ones that produce and the ones that buy. The latter may be the most important influence when shopping for daily goods.

For example, any WalMart customer may want to reflect on this, before attempting to mount the moral high horse. What is the percentage of "Made in China" merchandise on WalMart shelves?

As far as quality goes, I think it is reasonable to say that Chinese manufactured products can indeed be as good or better than North American made brands. Junk quality can be found anywhere, regardless of origin.

FreightTrain

Banned
Yea but the same quality goods from china cost the same as the good quality US made stuff.All the stuff comming in from china is built to the cheapest specs.Look at all the Recalls on Lead and safety issues on chinese toys.For what it is worth.The stuff at Walmart is NOT the same as stuff at most other stores.Walmart custom orders all their shit at lower safety standards and lower quality.That is why they are so much cheaper.They want everything to last about a year and get thrown away if that long.Just ask snapper lawnmowers.They told Walmart to go piss up a rope when they wanted them to build a cheap throwaway snapper lawnmower.