• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multifuel Injector Pump Reccomendations

COM54A2

Can anyone recommend a decent company to rebuild a Injector pump off of a LDS465-1A engine? The local garage wanted $2,600.00. I thought this was a bit steep, seeing as that's more than half the value of the vehicle (M54A2). Am I just ignorant of the cost or is there a better option?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would think inless you had some major failer inside the pump the Head is what seems to give the most problems. What on the inside of you pump do you feel failed.

Josh

I would check out some diesel repair shops. That price seems extremly high. I know where there is a crate LDS with 0 hours for 600 bucks less then that. And thats a complete drop in engine.

COM54A2

I am not mechanically inclined, so I am going off the advice of the mechanic who looked at it and a friend with a lot of diesel engine experience. The truck idles at about 1200 rpm. After eliminating air leaks from old fuel lines, the only other option seems to be the pump. Is a pump head something I can pull of and put on without special tools in the driveway?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you ever looked at the TM? You know the Idle can be adjusted right?
It will be nice when we get ours back up and running. Does Jotonka have the troubleshooting the 465 on his sight. Great sight to plug plug.

I will go out on a limb here you don't need the whole pump rebuilt.
Do you have the fuel curclation system up and correct? New filters and installed with all the correct hardware inside?
High Idle is your only concern?
Yes the head is very easy to replace if the head is bad.

hdexpert

I'm with James on this one!! I recently tore apart an old IP just too see how it worked. It's actually a pretty simple device, not much to wear out or go bad.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Warthhog.
Go through this TM and read and reset the rpm for now. If the truck does not run well after then just go down the list in this TM staring from top to bottom might be the fastest way to find a problem than hunt and peck.

Also reread this Tm and make it your bible.

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry for so many post's but Chris (gimpyrob ) has a good post with pics of the HH removel. Here may be your problem. If you fuel control shaft that enters the head is getting sticky it could not be competley returning to idle pisition. This can be checked real quick by just removing the shut dowm cover and work it by hand. You can do this while the motor is running or off .With the motor shut down it will go forward or 7 oclock pisition when you move it to the rear pisition by hand. With the motor running it will be the outher way it will want to go backwards to the idle/ shutdown pisition when you move it forward.

Last edited:

COM54A2

Thank you warthog for the manual and everyone for the info. It will take me a few days to check through the possibilities and get back on here. Thanks again.

jhooah

Googling the pump "PSB-6A pump" and hitting shopping brings out about 5 pumps, with ranges from $600 for Gvt. rebuild, to $1200 NEW.
So $2200 is really interesting, pocket $1000 just for ordering one for someone?
V/R W Winget

COM54A2

I found a chunk of paint stuck in the check valve in the fuel supply pump yesterday, but I have not been able to verify correct engine timing yet. Is there an easy way to turn the engine over to find the timing marks in the advance unit housing, or am I looking at a pry bar in the drive lines between the transfer and transmission? Thanks again to all you guys for info and advice, as I am an amateur vehicle enthusiast and even a worse mechanic. I am learning though!

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I find drive line transfer netural. trans 5th is easey and does no harm to soldier A or truck B. You will be able to control the spin better IMO.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks