• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multifuel injector pump replacement

m816

Well the bad news is we blew up the injector pump on The Untouchable Guntruck on the way out to Carlisle for the gathering. The good news is that we scored a replaceemnt. The replacement is from a deuce so we will be taking the govenor assy and only using that. I understand that we have to line up the single long timing mark on the balancer to the mark on the housing and also the single mark on the govenor to tits pointer at the rear of the housing. Anything I am missing and what are the other marks on the harmonic balancer for? anyone ever do this?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Balancer, 4 bolt plate rear tit and the IP head. Three timming marks. Line them up take it off and put it back on same way.
Different marks different motors.

Yes.

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can see I was tired Chris. Short answer.
Ok got a shower and sleep.
If you go to the Resources and pull up the TM's there are two good ones that pertain to our IP. Look for Troubleshooting the 465 and TM# 9-2910-336-34.
These will help if you have not allready seen them.
There are some on the board that will tell you that it makes life a lot easer to remove the left fender and it does. Not to mention names but it rimes with penny :grin: and if you want to save your back I would think about removing it to.
I have done it both ways buy not removing the radatior and removing it.
If you don't remove Rad. can be more of a fight to get the IP slid back on and with the two drive gears.
When you remove the IP on the end on the drive gear you will see slots. When the IP is placed back in and Rad. is out it makes it easer to just install IP then place the gear on shaft and then tight down gear retaining bolts and all the timming marks will be perfect.
If you don't have good axcess to the front or try to install with the IP front gear installed you will be fighting trying to mesh the two gears and it can be a pain and since the gears are not straght cut you have to have IP timming just a hair off to account for the spin as you install or leave the gear loose and retighten when IP is installed. Hope this helped and good luck.

Last edited:

m816

We looked it over and found that the original head is off bu a tooth it seems. If we re set this to align with the other marks would it help in the hard starting also?. We keep running into Parkerized repairs and other modifications done by the previous owner. We try to fix em as we find them I wish we had found this one sooner. Thanks

m816

I've been busy lately, so I haven't been able to keep you guys up to date. We did pull the radiator and the left fron fender. The radiator had to be sent out to have all the seams on the shroud welded. as the vibrations have loosened all the soldered joints. It also had a leak in a couple of the tubes in the core. It has all been fixed now so it should be goofor anothe forty years. Between weather delays a mishap here and there and the Red Ball show at Gilbert, We have not too much new to report. Right now it is in the capable hands of my Nephew who is a diesel mechanic for Cargil and works on farm tractors in his spare time. He says they use the same IP on White tractors and he is familiar with them. Between having great friends in the guntrucker family and in the HMV comunity Like John Tennis This project has not been any where as bad as it could have been. I'll let ya'll know when we are back on the linehaul. Vinny

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We looked it over and found that the original head is off bu a tooth it seems. If we re set this to align with the other marks would it help in the hard starting also?. We keep running into Parkerized repairs and other modifications done by the previous owner. We try to fix em as we find them I wish we had found this one sooner. Thanks
No the head will be off one to the rear. Your good. We aline the H head scribe only when we need to replace the H head.

Last edited:

m816

Well, The new pyro is going on this week. I will start a new phase of driver retraining for me. I have always been a pedal to the metal guy. I always try to get as much power and torque out of my engine. I don't try to abuse them but I do believe in making them work. So I now have to relearn how to keep my foot out of it a little. The last truck I drove with a pyro in it was back in the 70's and haven't had a truck with one since. I sure don't want to blow the new engine up. Cost too **** much to do it again. We are turning the fuel down and some of the boost as well. Now all I have to remember to do is keep my eye on the dials. We want to start showing the truck at its' new home in New York State this Memorial day and get some break in time on the engine for the trip to Louisvelle Ky this August. We will be driving the whole way this time. No flat tows and no trailering it this year. And the guns will be oiled and mounted for sure. Vinny

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you go to the Resources and pull up the TM's there are two good ones that pertain to our IP. Look for Troubleshooting the 465 and TM# 9-2910-336-34.
Any chance of getting a link to an electronic copy or a good old hard copy of these?

JATONKA does not appear to have the 336-34 listed. Maybe another source?

Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks