• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multifuel/ldt-465 engine price question

skeeyet69

Afternoon guys. A man in my neck of the woods has about 50-75 complete multifuel motors. ALL of them have been started on a engine test stand (not sure of the proper vernacular with that one, sorry). He wants 1200 per unit. And that includes everything. Is this a fair price? Also, what defects should I be concerned about finding and what do I need to make sure and look over? As I said he's got alot to pick from. I appreciate the help guys. Thank you. Also this isn't intended to be any sort of advertisement. I'm seeking help as well as informing the rest of the crew of this awesome find. -S. Smith

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you in need of a motor, or just looking to get one at a deal to save just in case?

There are many ways to justify a price.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ditto to Mr. Head, the price is what you think it's worth. If they are sitting outside exposed and he doesn't crank it in front of you then I'd pay only scrap price. $1200 seems high to me personally but I remember running take outs going for 500-700 a year or two ago. Defects wise are typical inspection points: rockers condition, IP leak, holes in block, etc.. only real way to find out is to fire it up and hope you chose a good one. Try to look for one with the FDC bypassed already to save you some effort down the road.

skeeyet69

Appreciate the advice. The price was just one he came up with on the spot. Majority are inside on stands. The old timer just has all of them for stuff to play with (the man has done very well in his lifetime). I'm going over there today, he's going to start a few for me then I'll wheel and deal him lol. Not sure if these are hard to find....but I posted this also for the group to have knowledge of this plethora of fun!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd pick what you really want. Turbo C or D, 60 amp alternator(no generators), ether nozzel(no flame heater), starter, clutch & flywheel, clean or rebuilt(tag) IP, and clean clean clean.

If radiators and transmissions are included, it would be real nice for the asking price.

Might also look for an LDS in the bunch.

Katahdin

I'll be in Killeen the last weekend of September if you'd like a hand looking. Unfortunately I'm flying SouthWest, bags may fly free but I don't think I'll be able to check in a multifuel before boarding!

Diecorpse

So who has a multi fuel motor thats runs for sale? I have checked around and not much luck. Gl had some motors but in Barstow, CA. A little to far for me. Also, has anybody put a different type of motor in their Deuce with no or little modification? Thanks-Todd

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
According to google, your roughly 867 miles from me. shipping could be an issue. See if you can find something closer, but you know where one motor is. :)

skeeyet69

Hey gentleman I apologize for being tardy on the reply. He's got everything you could think of guys, from the continental white, LDS, LDT, cummins 250, a !?@&load of parts for all, Perkins, detroits, cats, he's also got transmissions, transfer cases....literally everything I could think of when I think about needing any part. He gave me a brand new injection pump assembly and a few other goodies. Btw all motors are still in the shipping containers! I'm going to get a deal going with him so we can get these parts out!!

TsgtB

Hey gentleman I apologize for being tardy on the reply. He's got everything you could think of guys, from the continental white, LDS, LDT, cummins 250, a !?@&load of parts for all, Perkins, detroits, cats, he's also got transmissions, transfer cases....literally everything I could think of when I think about needing any part. He gave me a brand new injection pump assembly and a few other goodies. Btw all motors are still in the shipping containers! I'm going to get a deal going with him so we can get these parts out!!
He who? and where...?
i know its an "older" post.... but SEARCHING is what I'm doing.

FloridaAKM

Still in the shipping containers, thats a lot different from pulled motors just sitting around outside in the weather. Makes you want to go clean out the couch cushions for that extra coin to get one for a rainy day!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks