• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multifuel on 50% UMO :)

Green Toys

Cool rig. Does UMO make it smoke black?

Yes the more oil the blacker the smoke, on stright #2 the smoke is a dark gray. I have run 90% umo, with no problems, @ 90% oil all you can hear of the motor is the fan, its very quite and does not have that normal knock to it.

The only reasion I had only 50% is b/c I was given some free #2 b/c it had some gas in it.

I filter the umo with a 5 micron sock filter, removed the filter from the frame and installed two 12 micron water seprators. They are plumbed paralell with a valve on one of them. if the filter clogs I can open the other filter letting fuel go through both. I know people on here talk about carring spair filters but that would suck on the intersate. LOL

Jimma

I have noticed running on motor oil or waste vegitible oil makes things quieter. I have put about 500 miles on mine running blends of wmo and wvo and no problems. I filter several times and get it down to one micron.

JmanX

were are you guys geting the used oil to run, is it from your own oil changes or an auto parts store hook up??? (if you can divulge that info.)

deathrowdave

Ihave running used transformer oil and diesel mix about 75%/25% and no problems. I just finished a head gasket replacement inside of engine looks new no carbon !!!!

wdbtchr

I have one of those plastic tanks set up for a forklift with a metal frame for storage. I save all my oil and hydraulic fluid from my vehicles and the occasional donation from family/friends. I made an adapter for the bottom valve to hook up to my pump/filter setup to fuel the trucks. I filter it going into the holding tank with a 20 micron, and valve in the 6 micron before going into the trucks.

I've run up to 90% WMO and I've never gotten smoke like that. What am I doing wrong?:roll:

Josh

I've been running almost 100% wmo since Feburary and I only get a slight bluish colored smoke, and a big puff of black right when the truck cold starts. Other then that, the hardly any smoke.

For this winter, I have 165gals of stale racegas (been sitting for almost a year) that I'm going to use to thin out the WMO. I also add enough Diesel Kleen to treat 100gals of diesel, into each 55 gallon drum of filtered WMO.

Green Toys

[
I've run up to 90% WMO and I've never gotten smoke like that. What am I doing wrong?:roll:[/QUOTE]

on my truck I have reworked the fuel density compinsator AKA (FDC). I have an adjustment on my dash to control the max fuel on the fly. I just adjust for the load, tempature and type of fuel. All I do is hold it to the floor in 5th gear an turn the fuel up till I hit 1200 on the pyrometer. The first time I crancked it up too high, it hit 1600 before I could let off, the boost went to 35 psi !!!!! These things can trun out a lot of power but I here thay can blow up quick. mine is a 5 ton, with that comes the 5 ton waistgated Turbo. it only boosted 5-7 PSI when I got the truckm I have sence overridden the waistgate. Pulling the excavator the boost stayed at 20 PSI. I dont think it would have come close to pulling that load with out the extra boost. expecaly crusing @ 55 in overdrive @ 2100 RPM

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks