• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multifuel turbo on 6.2 Deisel

Gunfreak25

I was wondering if the Multifuel turbo could be used on a Military 6.2? Why would and why wouldn't it work? It would sure sound sweeet.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I doubt it would work as the manifold design is WAY different. You'd be better off using a 6.5 setup.

eagle4g63

Anything is possible, just have to get creative, make room or new header.

That is how I put a turbo that is bigger than the multi's turbo down in my car with a little 2.0l motor....everyone said it wouldn't go but move a few things get a set of headers made and bam..I have a turbo putting out so much boost it's almost scary!!

Attachments

eagle4g63

However, I forgot to add. The 6.2 may or may not move enough air for you to get that high pitch whistle out of it, if that is what you are after, just have to try or if someone has done it already they would know.

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Boy, when it isn't otherwise OBVIOUS--- I really HATE to show my ignorance--- but if you go turbo on 6.2 does that eliminate the IP? From what I've heard the IP is the weak link in using WMO/WVO set up and therefore is not practical...2cents

Farmun

Boy, when it isn't otherwise OBVIOUS--- I really HATE to show my ignorance--- but if you go turbo on 6.2 does that eliminate the IP? From what I've heard the IP is the weak link in using WMO/WVO set up and therefore is not practical...2cents
I think the IP is still needed, whether a turbo is present or not. Or is IP something other than injector pump?

-jeff

4x4e350

I turbocharged a Ford straight six 300 with a Turbo out of a Nissan 300 ZX. The thing with turbos is the amount of air they move through the engine. My 300 will start starving for air around 2800 RPM, but I get absolutely no turbo lag right off idle, the turbo starts producing power right away. Which is right on the power band of a straight six.
You need to figure the amount of air the old multi fuel required, at a certain rpm, and figure how this will work with your 6.2.

Gunfreak25

I cannot afford either a 6.2 or a 6.5 turbo. I've seen the Multifuel turbo kits sell for under $250, and of course making custom intake's and pipes is always easy using PVC and rubber boots to connect pipes. After looking up the numbers, I don't think it would work. The Multifuel will use about 1160CFM at redline and just over 330CFM at idle. The 6.2 will use less than 80 CFM at idle and just under 300 CFM at 3000rpm. Those numbers seem low to me. But I don't think it would be able to spin the turbine fast enough to really get anything out of it, as said above.

usmc320

Anything is possible, just have to get creative, make room or new header.

That is how I put a turbo that is bigger than the multi's turbo down in my car with a little 2.0l motor....everyone said it wouldn't go but move a few things get a set of headers made and bam..I have a turbo putting out so much boost it's almost scary!!
I might try that with my lawn mower too. :twisted:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks