• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Murphy free (nearly) recovery and delivery

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I picked up two trucks for fellow SS member Big Camo Truck last week and delivered them today.

One the way to my place the brakes on the towed deuce gave me a slight problem (almost locked up and started dragging) but I put a butt whipping on Mr Murphy and got to the LZ OK.

This morning I took them on over to GA and left them with their new owner.

Other than the 100 degree heat everything went well....I was running 55 on the flats even towing a truck that had the aerodynamics of a concrete block and with the veggie Ranger in the lead vehicle.

Attachments

kennys@wi.rr.com

WM you ever wanna bring one from down there up to WI for me you lemme know and I'll start looking down that way. You now have a rep to uphold agsainst Mr Murphy, let's hope Mrs Murphy doesn't get involved.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
[/WM you ever wanna bring one from down there up to WI for me you lemme know and I'll start looking down that way.QUOTE]

I am not that much of a glutton for punishment....the GA Rally is about the limit of my endurance for staying in the saddle of a deuce.

The recovery of the A3 Monday from SC back to Bama kicked my butt but the A3 rode better and ran a steady 55 MPH.....it was still insufferably hot and bumpy.

You could buy a deuce up there for what it would cost for me to drive it up there.:shock:

Besides...my passport expired and I can't leave Dixie unless I get a new one.rofl

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I came over from Bama on Hwy 20 and hit 411 in Rome.....took 411 north and delivered the trucks to the east side of Cartersville....bout 5 miles from I-75.

Unloaded the Ranger and hauled boogie back to the LZ.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I just have to ask how did you get the ranger loaded and unloaded?:eek:
I backed the deuce up the the loading dock at Redstone....the loading ramp is low so step decks can load/offload......I had a set of ramps but there would have been a steep angle to drive up.

Adam, Teresa's son, picked the front of the deuce up in the air with a huge forklift to lessen the angle.

I drove the Ranger up in the bed and held the brakes....he let down the front of the deuce and I squeezed my fat arse out of the Ranger after setting the emergency brake and putting the tranny in low.

The tailgate would not close completely but I was able to get it half way up and hook the chains into the handles.

I secured the truck with a big ratcheting strap and then we hooked up the towed deuce.

When I got to the buyers place I dropped the towed deuce off and backed up to the loading dock.....backed the Ranger off and drove it out of the building.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks