• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mushroom Clamp Use

Barrman

Until I picked up my new to me M35A2 from OKC. I had never seen a multifuel pre-cleaner mushroom cap held on with the actual clamp before. Of course, my clamp was rusted solid in the too loose to hold the thing on position, but too tight to slide off the sleeve itself. That meant I couldn't fold down the side cover.

Anyway, how many of you use any kind of clamp to hold the mushroom cap on? Just curious.

Hammer

I have clamps on all three of mine.
I keep them tight enough to stay on, but loose enough I can grab the thing and wiggle it a bit and slide it off.
It also works as a stop to keep it from completely sliding out the hole with the side cover in the up position.

Barrman

Thanks for the offer Chris. However, that clamp has made one of my students very happy. I gave him the rusted clamp, two wrenches and a can of penetrating oil on Monday. This is his first project and he thinks it is great. Wednesday had him bragging to the other students about how he fixed something I couldn't. It worked out pretty well since he now has a sense of accomplishment and I have a working clamp again.

sermis

Pull the mushroom out as far as it will go. Open the side panal and tilt the mushroom about 45 degrees and it will come off the rest of the way and come out of the side panal.
None of my clamps are tight and one is rusted stuck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks