• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Must be electrical gremlin night

Barron

Drove the 923A1 around 3 or 4 times in the last 3 days, shut it down in front of the shop for a few minutes and it won't start. The battery switch didn't energize the gages for 3 or 4 tries, and finally did, hit the start switch, and it bumped the starter oh so lightly and dead. Batteries and connections are spotless, 24.6 volts showing at the slave receptacle. The battery switch will cause something to click, but the full sequence with the additional clicking noises in the rear and gages coming on isn't happening. Any ideas?

Barron

I'll give it a swift kick and see what happens. Hammer and Crescent ready! The truck has been flawless, never a bit of trouble. Thanks for the suggestion.

commandojeff

If you can smack the box enough to get the top to fly off, then you are in business. Some boxes are shaped differently. But mine has a top and a bottom piece of metal. The top flew off from smacking on it while trying to crank the truck. So then all you have to do is tap (key word is tap) the top solenoid in there. Fires right up. Now I just keep that box as a spare in case my current one goes out. Good luck!

Barron

I have access to another control box, I'll tap/beat fisrt, and report tomorrow, gotta get it out of the way of the shop entrance. Thanks!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
On rare occasions I've had the same issue with my M927. Never had to apply hammer pressure but one time it was the emergency brake switch. I moved the lever a few times and it fired up. It will also not crank if the transmission lever is not in the exact neutral position. All trucks have quirks.:cookoo:

Barron

That's a good tip wreckerman..I set the park brake this particular time, and hadn't the last few days. I smacked the box and the front came off, it looks like the box was supposed to be sealed, but the inside of this one looked like it had been sitting in salt water for a couple years. This truck came out of overhaul in 7 of 2010, and looks brand new, except for the control box. I tapped on the top solenoid with a drift punch and it finally went back to working for now. I need to put a new box on it for sure. Thanks for all the tips.

Barron

I went to start the truck again, this time the starter engaged as soon as I turned on the battery master? It started itself, and the starter continued to run. I shut it off, disconnected the control box, disconnected the battery, and got a 4 foot wooden stake and drove it thru the engine block with a sledge hammer. Didn't want it to self combust. I'll install a new control box and find a Catholic priest to do an exorcism before I try to start it again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks