• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Must do mods.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would read the CUCV forum daily for an hour. This will give you a tremendous history on what others have experienced and how to fix. This information is invaluable. I would not worry so much about mods outside of those items that make the truck reliable and dependable. It takes a while to go through the whole truck just to get it what I would call stable.

Mods:
1.) Headlight Relay
2.) fuel filter spin on
3.) clean all electrical connections

There is a ton more.....

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im getting a M1009 for a first truck soon. And was wondering what are some most do mods? Thanks.
Don't worry about the mods till you get her home. See how drivable the truck is and fix as needed when needed. Some of these trucks are in excellent condition from the get go and you may find just minor repairs are needed. Just do your PMs as you don't always know when the fluids have been changed last. Other than that, welcome and enjoy your new ride.

AECS

Drive it a month or two if possible to geta feel for it, then start at the reiliability stuff, Starter relay, double check starter is attached right, servive all fluids.

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter

MarcusOReallyus

1. Doghead relay - can prevent burning up a starter and a bunch of wiring. Do not wait until it "needs to be fixed". Do it now.
  2. Resister bypass - can prevent frying glow plugs. Do not wait until it "needs to be fixed". Do it soon.
  3. Headlight relay - can prevent melting fuse box. Do not wait until it "needs to be fixed". Do it soon.
  4. Read. TMs and this forum. Read.

Welcome! :beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks