• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mutifuel and ethanol think it will work

frodobaggins

Depending on the ratio it might run well or run like crap. I would be most concerned with rubber etc, parts that may not work well with the alcohol. I don't know if that would be a real issue or not, but it would concern me.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I did a 60/40 mix with gas in a old dodge truck and it cut every micron of crud loose loose in my fuel system. I had to buy fuel filters by the six pack! Never did it again.

Speedwoble

I like ethanol, and I would not do it. It will not mix without an additive. Also the lubricity would be concerning without an additive. That said, ethanol has been run in diesels and reduces the smoke because of the oxygen content. I will try to find some of the papers.

Speedwoble

Found it. E Diesel Home
Look under the publications link. I have talked to Dr Hansen at conferences during my graduate work. Nice guy. There was also research in the 1980's on using ethanol injected into the intake like a gas engine, then using a minimal diesel injection as an ignition event. It showed promise, but needed computer controls to sync the ethanol and diesel fueling rates.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sell it to someone on CL and buy diesel with the money.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ethanol = Alcohol
Alcohol = Water conduit past any filtering media or gravity traps
Water = No lubrication properties
Superheated water = steam
Water bound to alcohol passed with fuel injected under high pressure = water cutting jet to fuel system and detonation to diesel engine internals.

Ethanol in deuce = bad

BIG_RED

Have to agree with Patracy. Ethanol in a diesel is a pathway for water, and it will wreck ALL your rubber seals and hoses along the way. I was a small engine technician for 2 years. Best thing that ever happened to that business was ethanol in the fuel. It destroys the diaphrams in small carbs and all the o-rings in bigger carbs. And that's with only 10% ethanol up here. I recommend you run premium fuel in your chainsaws and stuff, since at least in Canada, they're not allowed to put ethanol in it (yet). I like ethanol in theory. But EVERYTHING rubber on an engine/vehicle/fuel-system needs to be replaced with fancy (expensive) special alcohol resistant rubbers for it to work.

colt45727

Dont do it X100...

It kills your rubber everything, and will eat at aluminum... dont think that is much worry though. We dont run any of it through the corvettes that my friend works on for that reason.

Even the 10% isnt a good thing either.

LIke said above, I would not touch the stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks