• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV and off road event in Tehachapi, Ca

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, it's on the flyer. Gary, I forgot to say in a past post that I am gonna leave Thursday AM.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: ya

Just bumping this to the top 'cause it's gettin' close! I think it'll be the last outing for the year on this end, it is gettin' too hot for me. Time to go to the river! Sorry Lunchbox, just tuned back into this thread. Whenever you get there is the time you should be there. Just call the phone number on the flyer to give Chuck a heads up. All interested in attending, please RSVP to the number on the flyer no later than 01 June 2008. I'll pull the canvas off the truck this weekend and get my junk in order. I still have to swap out the front tires due to the chunks I took out of 'em at Stoddard. Got to squeeze off a few rounds in the k98 last week. First ones since the late 40s. I'll bring it out to give it a work out. MMMMM, bar-b-q!

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: wood!!!

Due to the high fire danger up there, no open fires. BBQ is OK.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a reminder, PLEASE CALL the number on the flyer at the top of this post so Chuck can have a head count for the grub. That is a VREY important item.
Will

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Send me an e-mail address, I still can't attach anything to PMs, and i'll fire off a copy of the SCMVCC newsletter

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, the truck is packed and the home away from home is ready. Chuck says he's gonna put the big truck down on the flat area so we don't have to navigate the hills...told him me no scared, just gimmie a flat spot for the tent. For all those going, please call ahead,
Chuck Reuter
20136 Knob Hill Rd.
Tehachapi, Ca
661-972-6138
See ya there!

Attachments

As much as I want to attend this outing and meet many of you, I will not this year. Hopefully he will hold another inthe future. I am getting very close on my shelter/camper conversion but have not yet driven the duece far enough to chance this one un prepared. Please keep us informed on additional events.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will,

that tent looks awsome. I may have to get me one of those...then I'll need some cots...a tent stove...AAHHH!!!

I see you took the canvas off. I've gotta take mine off next weekend as well. Clean it, canvax it, put it away.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, made it there and back and only developed a gear oil leak at the t-case high/low shaft. Truck ran like a champ. Ya know, without the canvas sail on the back, it will run 50MPH all day long and hangs on the hills real well! 320 miles, RT. Got to fire some sweet weapons, a single shot, bolt action .50 cal, a .50 cal. BMG, 300 Ultra Mag, AR15, SKS, M1919, .30 cal with a Govt conversion to a .22 rim fire, guess it was used for training due to inexpensive ammunition, and the Mauser. Even squeezed off 4, 1940 german AP rounds thru it, very dirty stuff, the barrel looked like it was full of mud after those.

Attachments

lunchbox005

damn looks like it was fun!!! i had the worst luck in the world that week...200 dollars of gas leaked out of my truck over night! and my battary died on my truck wile i was out 20 miles from home no fones near by so i had to walk home!! and i wish i could have gone!