• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV Day

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
So I am posting this in the deuce section, because it started witth a deuce. A guy named Dave purchased a deuce from GL(yes he is STILL waiting for a title). He has been reading up about MVs here for a while, but when he wanted to post, he had trouble. Dave worked with an old roomate(another Dave) of mine. He mentioned that he was having trouble getting on a website to my old roomate. When Dave told Dave it was an MV site, he told Dave to call me, maybe I could help. As it turned out it was indeed SS. In passing he mentioned knowing where a deuce tow truck was. So for the last week, thoughts of M60s danced through my head.

Forward to today. I got out to Dave's around maybe 3 or 4. We say hello, and I say "sorry about driving right past you". I overshot him by a few miles. So we load up to check out the "suspect" truck. I will let you guys give me your insight as to weather this is a military bed, but I doubt it is/was an m60. I am going to try and buy it, but it will mostly be for parts. When we got done looking it over, we headed off to check out Dave's deuce. To shorten the story a bit, he went to the top of a hill and brought it back down. Its a very nice looking truck that runs even better. I think he said a new motor was put in in 2006. So we got back to his place and after some BSing, he sends me toward some other MV stuff.

After arriving at my next destination, I find 3 MVs with the promise of more. The first was a 715(he was asking way too much for). After looking it over, we start to talk about wreckers."I got a 43 Diamond Rio" he says to me. SWEET! Can I go look at it? So we head to the "back 40". The Rio sat next to an XM-211, nice. I get pics and talk somemore and am told to stop back as he will be bringing some more trucks later. So now I am getting tired of typing and will load the pics.

Attachments

67Beast

Gimp I'm dissapointed in you. I never figured you for a Gold Star type of guy. I am stricktly a Skyline person. There is nothing like coneys and a 3-way at 3 am on the way home from the bars. :lol:

What size wheels are those on that 715? They look like someone recentered a deuce rim with the 715's pattern.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Funny, I'm from Dayton and I have a hard time tolerating Gold Star or Skyline. Guess I'm weird.

gimpyrobb

Skyline is THE best! I was at that goldstar cause it was next to Dave's house and was closed for remodeling or sumptin. I asked the guy if he'd sell the T and he said to call back on wed, he'd have a price then. The xm211 is in good shape body wise, but the winch pto was in the bed which makes me think there would be some driveline issues. 1500 for that one. $4000 for the 715 with 1000x20 tires on custom rims(stock axles) with a 350/400 combo, ouch.

gimpyrobb

Well Sunday we were supposed to go pick up the yellow truck. Saturday while bleeding the brakes on the wrecker, I got a call from Dave. "Hey man, did you guys come and get this truck already"? Nope, I thought we were going to do it on Sunday. "Well, its gone." So as always, some jackoff decided that it was better to scrap a truck than to sell it to some dumb army truck guys. Another bites the dust! I did call the scrap yard to try and save it or get parts, but they crush them as they arrive, according to the lady I spoke to. Damn it.

maxim

Judging from the plant material growing around it , it has been there awhile. You will not be the last one to suffer from
'make-a-deal-syndrome' only to have it jerked out from under ya... I suspect he may have called the scrapper who offered him $50 more than you did and he said come and get.... Some have had honesty and integrity deleted from thier memory banks...Sorry this had to happen Gimp. Half the fun is locating and getting excited about a recovery.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, that blows, gimpy. Another one torched to be turned into Chinese toasters. Well, you can only save what you can, the rest the fire takes....

gimpyrobb

Well it would have been nice to help out some of the guys that are restoring the gasser trucks. I was hoping to get the PTOs off the tranny and Tcase too. I guess it was not meant to be.

No.2Diesel

That Diamond-T M969A (I think) Is certainly worth saving. There are two in my area and both are in worse condition then the one pictured. Somebody Save that Wrecker fat lady sings

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have got to quit finding trucks. First the a M108, then this. Don't let Gimpy find a truck, it'll get scrapped!

Dennis