• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV illegal on highway in Canada (Quebec)

jcdostie

I have no news from SAAQ, my M923 is illegal to be driven on road with a speed limit of more than 70km/h since midnight
To have it back home, I have to send a towing to move it from my cottage on each portion of roads meeting that criteria.
Stupidity will kill all of us

JC
Very disappointed at the moment and l’m not sure I will be able to do my camper with it

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

mzak88

I am new to this forum and recently became owner of a M925. I’m a fello Canadian (BC) and find this deeply troubling. I haven’t heard anything happing like that here, yet. Our governments up here are reaching way to deep into our lives on many fronts. As a newbie to the MV world, are the any clubs or organizations in Canada for this hobby? People organized together are much stronger than lone wolves.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am new to this forum and recently became owner of a M925. I’m a fello Canadian (BC) and find this deeply troubling. I haven’t heard anything happing like that here, yet. Our governments up here are reaching way to deep into our lives on many fronts. As a newbie to the MV world, are the any clubs or organizations in Canada for this hobby? People organized together are much stronger than lone wolves.
I'll know more tomorrow on collaboration discussions with other organizations but the future looks friendly.

I was wrong when I said someone was drunk when they typed that letter and I must apologize. They do not drink Cab Sav on the job. It's more likely they were misinformed and thought they were doing the right thing because of 'notices' on other Military Vehicles. Someone may have jumped the gun and everyone is saying it's ridiculous so it must be a mistake. I've missed a few steaks in my life and it feels bad disappointing hundreds of people. Here's to hoping we learn from our mistakes, correcting them, learning not to do that again.....and move forward.

As for B.C., I was late to the table on an 'armor' ban and rumor is someone wasn't allowed the liberty to register his Ferret recently. Here's the hottest legal info on it.

http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bclaws_new/document/ID/freeside/00_10008_01

The media pushed a narrative in Alberta around 2009 that talked about banning armour. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/alberta-bans-armoured-vehicles-to-slow-gangs-1.825563

""""""""
Alberta is bringing in a new law that will ban armoured vehicles from the province's roads in a move to crack down on gangs.
The amendment to a traffic law, which takes effect July 1, will mean police can seize such vehicles and require them to undergo an inspection.
While the modified vehicles have not yet turned up in Alberta, police in British Columbia have seized vehicles from criminals that have been adapted to protect them from gunfire, explosive devices and rocket-propelled grenades. Some cars and SUVs have been found equipped with armoured plates, hidden compartments and bulletproof glass up to three centimetres thick.
Alberta Justice Minister Alison Redford said she felt it was vital to be proactive before the armoured vehicles become common in Alberta"""""""""

Ms. Alison Redford isn't allowed to make decisions like that on behalf of Albertans anymore. She was removed in the last election.

This is what we look like now. Turn down the speaker! Safety first means you'll hear a loud buzzer before start up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS2IGvFqFdw

Did everyone see the Ferret's? We were heading on to a Canadian Forces Military Base for a public display sitting in an American M923? I think that's the way it should be but it could also be that I just don't like change.

At some point we should all jump in the same canoe. It would take unlimited dedication to "Head" one of these organizations even if everyone agreed to paddle in the same direction. Since I'm still in my MV infancy and don't always know what's best for the MV community I like to collaborate with folks that have more experience. I agreed to help paddle this canoe and accept how they do things, for the most part. I got lucky and must have met all the best. From Boots to Hodgson(s), Lamar, Catman and his amazing better half, SuperDave, the Prairie Motor boys Rick, Susan on the phone....so many good folks currently with us you might want to jump in and paddle.

https://www.mvpa.org/

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Twi-Light Zone

I have no news from SAAQ, my M923 is illegal to be driven on road with a speed limit of more than 70km/h since midnight
To have it back home, I have to send a towing to move it from my cottage on each portion of roads meeting that criteria.
Stupidity will kill all of us

JC
Very disappointed at the moment and l’m not sure I will be able to do my camper with it

I'll bet you had the best weather for camping this weekend ever! We'll give up another 3 working days to see if corrective action has been taken because you shouldn't miss another weekend. I hadn't considered the number of folks that are already thinking about this or how wide the words in a suppressing statement can spread but I'm learning as we go.

We had some good camping weather too and more of the right people now know that you didn't get a chance to go camping this weekend. I really think the Defence Minister has better things to do but we support recruiting as well the Legion and I now realize, the list just keeps going. Since this thread is useless without pictures, I want to see pictures of you camping next to a river, Red Maple trees in the background and Maybe even with Sophie standing beside you with an olive branch, stirring your Martini.
P8240424.jpg
As you follow up with phone calls this week keep us posted. By Wednesday, August 28th, 2019 I should have a more complete list of toll free numbers and contacts where folks might ask questions and express their grievances.

Have you contacted our friends over at the Insurance Bureau of Canada to get their position on it? http://www.ibc.ca/fr/on
http://www.ibc.ca/on/

Monday's a good day to ask how that decision might change policies in other provinces. Here's the phone number in both French and English.

1-844-2ask-IBC (1-844-227-5422)

The insurance industry is having a tough time right now so collecting premiums is very important. Bumpers that were $400.00 years ago are now $4000.00 so insuring these older, more durable vehicles is a marketing tool for them. I can just picture the Environment, Finance, Defence, Tourism, Transportation, Culture and Heritage Ministers working on Status Quo items this week instead of this. I hope it ends quick.

jcdostie

I was able to talk to someone at SAAQ friday and he received my last email asking when I will have the answer from the revision committee.
So he told me it will be by the beginning of the week.

JC

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll paste the info on the SAAQ website today from August 21, 2019 for the public record.

https://saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/newsroom/article/immatriculation-des-vehicules-militaires/
[h=1]Registration of Military-Type Vehicles[/h] 21 August 2019
Owners of military-type vehicles that up until now were
being operated on the road network have until August 22, 2019 to change the registration of their vehicles. As of that date, vehicles whose registrations have not been changed will no longer be authorized for use on the road network and will be restricted to off-road use only.

Given the short deadline, the SAAQ will allow for some administrative tolerance in the weeks that follow this new measure coming into effect. Police forces have also been informed of the situation."""""""""""

Visit the webpage Other Vehicles With Restricted-Area Use to find out more.

...................Here's more.........there must be something lost in the translation, It's hard to type and laugh at the same time ......I'm sure this part states Military Vehicles are restricted if...."""""""they have the same configuration as road vehicles intended for use on public roads"""""""""" Pardon moi? ........

Hand-crafted vehicles, vintage vehicles or vehicles with a net weight of 450 kg or less can be registered under a C licence plate. Such vehicles are only authorized for operation on certain portions of the road network.
Other vehicles with restricted-area use include:

• vintage vehicles, other than motorcycles, that were manufactured 30 years ago or more, and preserved or restored to their original condition
  • vehicles, other than motorcycles, that were manufactured over 25 years ago
  • vehicles with a net weight of 450 kg or less, other than:
    • motorcycles
    • mopeds or motorized scooters
    • tool vehicles
  • military vehicles, provided:
    • they have the same configuration as road vehicles intended for use on public roads
    • they are not equipped with a turret or weapon mount
    • they have undergone a mechanical inspection

jcdostie

Minister Bonnardel organizes an annual BBQ in Granby, Quebec on September 14th
Any volunteers who wants to join me ? I will pay the BBQ for all of you that are coming
JC

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awareness Campaign

I sense that it's real important we maintain our professionalism and politely call and ask him if we are welcome in our MV's.

https://coalitionavenirquebec.org/f...ogs-au-bbq-annuel-de-francois-bonnardel-1251/

TRANSLATION:

""""""""""Come and enjoy good hot dogs at François Bonnardel's annual BBQ!

Under the marquee in the beautiful Pelletier Park, on September 14, 2019, starting at 11:00 am, meet with François Bonnardel, MP for Granby, Minister of Transport and Minister responsible for the Estrie region.

Hot dog and consumption will be served free to all members.

Free activity""""""""""

Where are all my French speaking MV brothers and sisters? Please feel free to contact the Quebec Transportation Minister, even if you don't speak French. They're wonderful people and will work hard to accommodate you in a suave fashion. Please post the results of any dialogue if you wish to share it. Add the words "For the Public Record" to any correspondence you wish to share publicly. Communicating with these folks should be done in such a fashion that it can be shared publicly but who am I to tell anyone what to do, I'm just a plowboy.

Quebec Transportation Minister,

[h=2]Francois Bonnardel[/h] Contact Information

Department
Ministère des Transports
Édifice de la Haute-Ville
700, boulevard René-Lévesque Est
29e étage
Québec (Quebec) G1R 5H1
Telephone: 418-643-6980
Fax: 418-643-2033
ministre@transports.gouv.qc.ca
Ministère des Transports
500, boulevard René-Lévesque Ouest
16e étage
Case postale 28
Montréal (Quebec) H2Z 1W7
Telephone: 514-873-3444
Fax: 514-873-7886
ministre@transports.gouv.qc.ca

The bus, firetruck, ambulance, antique car, canso, snowbird, and all the other clubs need to know about this ruling as well. Media folks, not only at the national level but in your local home town need "Human Interest, Political, Business, flashy color bright light stories" and are fun folks to talk to.

It's always been our intention to open the 6.6 acres at our Alsask radar dome to clubs of all types and especially MV organizations across the continent. This ruling not only changes the value of fleets of antiques, the impact personally for many of us is beyond the simple ownership of an MV. With the airshows included, tens of thousands of folks visited Goose the Deuce.

bus loads.jpg

Our family and friends in Quebec live in a province so beautiful in the fall, it's known to cause marriages. The color in the fall is worth the visit. I won't even mention the hundreds of antiquated Cold War structures that folks could see every 15 by 45 miles while the drive through this beautiful province.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewe...D&ll=47.21290016594028,-73.28450885589564&z=6

Screenshot_2019-08-28 Fallout Reporting Posts and Nuclear Fallout Shelters in Canada - Google My.jpg

Quebec's Military history starts long before any of the research that I do. This province was radioactive right after Alberta was radioactive because we shipped Uranium to Quebec for processing before we hauled it down south to you folks. Yes sir, the Military history around the St. Lawrence Sea Way alone is worthy of a border parade. From some of the earliest mass spectrometers to advanced filtering technologies for sniffing out cesium, Quebec offers a history well worth the visit. https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewe...&ll=46.821313601434504,-72.87499529720088&z=7

Who else needs to know about the restrictions that doesn't know yet? Not only in Quebec but across the MV world?

I talked to both the IBOC and Canadian Press and neither had picked up on the story yet. Do MV advocates like Jeff Dunham or Sir Arnold S ever reach out to you guys?

Do we have a spread sheet / flow chart set up by Al GO Rhythm on restrictive legislation down in the United States? I see a few threads on it but has anyone compiled ...'the list'.

W5 fellas, would a vehicle manufacturer tell a customer the vehicle is no longer safe for on highway use after hauling troops in it for decades?

Electoral division

650, rue Principale
Granby (Quebec) J2G 8L4
Telephone: 450-372-9152
Fax: 450-372-3040
Francois.Bonnardel.GRAN@assnat.qc.ca

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was correct for a change. The transportation minister's representative asked me to send pictures and measurements.......you read what I typed....pics and dimensions of any of the vehicles I'd like to visit Quebec with. Emails weren't getting returned and the letters likely have not arrived so I called a lot of people.

To save some time, here's a paste of an adventure to find out who knows what.

I made contact with a pile of departments today and met people that are really struggling with this. The faces answering the phones put me on hold continuously trying to find out what's going on. They were extremely professional and even apologetic at not having the answers.

SAAQ put me on hold the longest and Mileana worked very hard continuously putting me on hold to ask for confirmation from the big head on the table.

I'll start at the end of my adventure today because this is where folks should start. These next folks asked for pictures and measurements of my truck, bus, car or whatever I choose to bring to Quebec.

It's the same info above but I'll do it again because these are the folks that will keep my truck out of the court system when I visit Quebec.

The only difference in direction was asking me to fill out the online form. I didn't limit myself to that and using all aspects of comms works terrific.

If everyone sends pictures and information about your vehicles to these fine folks you'll find out if Quebec is as friendly as we know it is. They're asking for feedback before they decide what to do with this is what I know.

https://www.transports.gouv.qc.ca/en...ontact-us.aspx

""""""""""""""""""By mail

Ministère des Transports
Service Québec 511
500, boul. René-Lévesque Ouest, bureau 4.010
Montréal (Québec) H2Z 1W7
By telephone

Anywhere in Québec: 511
Elsewhere in North America: 1 888 355-0511

By secure email

Use the Ministère’s online form to send us:

requests for information
reports
claims for damages – see the procedureDocument au format PDF (193 Ko)
complaints
complaints pertaining specifically to neighbourhood annoyances (OHV)
comments

Make sure to fill out clearly the fields marked with an asterisk.

All requests must be processed within the time frame specified in the Ministère’s service statement (in French only).

Please note that any message containing insulting or hateful remarks will remain unanswered. We also reserve the right to forward any threatening message to the competent authorities. """"""""""""""""""'

I need to make travel plans so I started with the Alberta Motor Association Travel Bureau. They didn't know anything about HMV travel in Quebec and eventually suggested I call the RCMP. They already know what most HMV groups and collectors do and had no knowledge of any restrictions, other than criminal. They suggested I call SAAQ directly.

As mentioned Mileana from SAAQ was wonderful but eventually she determined SAAQ wasn't sure and was certain SQ would have a list of vehicles I could visit Quebec with.

SAAQ asked me a lot of questions and the back ground noise made me suspect they were very busy at the time. She asked if the vehicle I was bringing to Quebec could be used for off-road or had a weapon mounting point. I thought about the video of our 1966 GMC Coach bus driving through the farm field, the gun rack in the CUCV and behind the deuce seat as well as the 50 cal mount brackets on the cab, so I said yes. She laughed when I told her about the bus and replied, "I guess any vehicle can be used off-road".

Since SAAQ didn't know if I can visit in my HMV, with their suggestion I move on to SQ.

SQ
https://www.google.com/search?client...=quebec+police
1-819-772-3048

I call SQ to ask if I can come visit Quebec in a historical vehicle. The fine gent on the phone didn't know anything about any new legislation that changed the way they operate so he really wasn't sure. He said he wouldn't want to leave me stranded on the side of the road in Quebec with bad information so he's helping us look for answers.

He was real certain the folks that push legislation through would have an answer and after a few hours of direct calls, I finally got a toll free number.
I call Service Quebec. 1-888-355-0511
https://www.transports.gouv.qc.ca/fr...s-joindre.aspx

Carol over at Service Quebec was disappointed that he really didn't have an answer either. I'm not saying I got a personal invite to come visit him in any vehicle I wanted but that was the sentiment.

https://aqtr.com/association/a-propo...tale-nationale
418-643-6903

While we prepare a complete list of vehicles for the Transport minister, a partial list has already gone over to the Minister of Tourism asking if I'm welcome in Quebec in my HMV?

After speaking with several departments today it is clear that more people need to know about this. Hearing the replies today from the beautiful French accents saying they're disappointed and don't know enough about the restrictions to help me is a sad state of affairs.

Quebec supports 400,000 people in the tourism industry. That would already put pressure on a Finance portfolio so I'm guessing we need to let the Finance Minister know we're not sure if our money is going to Quebec.

W5 folks, who knows an investigative journalist that gets paid to hustle documentation paths? The folks that should have the info are getting the info last and an AIA account for Access to Information would be a bonus.

Onward,

Who wants a map of some of the coolest Cold War sites to visit on their way through Quebec?

These sites were all essentially abandoned in 1968 and some don't even exist anymore.

Our plans for travel included photography of Cold War era vehicles at sites throughout Quebec. Those sites in essence, helped protect the continent to this very day.

The Culture and Heritage in Quebec also belong to my parents and their parents, paying taxes to support all of Quebec and especially in the Continuity of Government.

Did anyone call the Cultural Minister yet? I'm cramming French lessons but just getting past greetings and things like, where's the washroom. . . . . .

Don't let me stop anyone from following up on these numbers and asking if you're Welcome in Quebec!

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Morning and Bonjour fellow MV Guardians. The Quebec teams have built the first canoe and made it easy to hop in and paddle. There is a petition available here,

https://www.change.org/p/ministère-...iétaires-de-véhicules-militaires-historiques?

I first saw it posted by a hard working gentleman over at MLU. Page 3 post # 67.
http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30386&page=3

I have signed the petition anticipating the most important thing at this time is numbers. Reviews and feedback are always welcome to catch things others haven't thought of. The Quebec HMV restriction story will have an ending and now, you can easily help steer the ship.

Who else should see this? If you know of any groups that travel in anything over 25 years old, love Maple Syrup, Poutine and the confidence of the people of Quebec, feel free to forward the links.

I'm covering Canadian clubs starting at base and working out in a 15 mile radius.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Morning and Bonjour fellow MV Guardians. The Quebec teams have built the first canoe and made it easy to hop in and paddle. There is a petition available here,

https://www.change.org/p/ministère-...iétaires-de-véhicules-militaires-historiques?

I first saw it posted by a hard working gentleman over at MLU. Page 3 post # 67.
http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30386&page=3

I have signed the petition anticipating the most important thing at this time is numbers. Reviews and feedback are always welcome to catch things others haven't thought of. The Quebec HMV restriction story will have an ending and now, you can easily help steer the ship.

Who else should see this? If you know of any groups that travel in anything over 25 years old, love Maple Syrup, Poutine and the confidence of the people of Quebec, feel free to forward the links.

I'm covering Canadian clubs starting at base and working out in a 15 mile radius.
"signed" the petition and gave a donation!! MV around the world seem to be coming under attack for unknown reasons!! Here in the US, Canada,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,geeze,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,next will be the UK and EU.......................... THANKS m1010plowboy for ALL your efforts!!

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see two terms coming by in the legal texts displayed her:

- military vehicles.
- military-type vehicles.

Before going on my horse, what are the exact definition of both classifications? Maybe the legislative also did not think long enough.
Are we talking about EVERY vehicle ever used during its life by the military, or vehicles that were specifically build and designed for the military, or vehicles specifically design for armed combat or .....

I don't know what the Canadian law uses but for example, under which classification come the following vehicles:

- Chevy blazers (cucv) or similar that were used by the military?

- Pure civilian cars bought by the military and painted in military colours (MP or staff sedans) and given numbers?

- What about a military cargo truck (900 series) that has been brought up to date to civilian standards, gets its annual inspection, and is used commercially by a company for transporting cargo?

M51A2-bill-392-10c.jpg

Last edited:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me elaborate a bit.

My 1965 M51A2 Dump Truck did not have ANY registration when I bought it. I took the long road and made it completely street legal as a Kaiser Jeep Corporation dump truck. I got new registration backdated to 1973, making it a normal 1973 dump truck WITHOUT any reference to the military. This automatically counted as type-approval for the whole of the EU. There is NO law in the EU that can put any restrictions on this truck due to its military history.

However, there are restrictions that might limit the truck that come from the truck itself. For example, if the officially registered maximum speed was below 70 kmh, I would not be allowed to drive on highways. Not because it is a military truck, but because nothing is allowed on highways unless its maximum speed is over 70 kmh.

In addition, I changed the pintle for towing because those are not legal on EU roads.

With those papers in hand, I can go two ways. One way is registering this truck as Veteran. That limits the possibilities I can do with it, but it is much cheaper in insurance and road tax.

Or I can use the official registration and pay insurance and road taxes through the nose, but I can do whatever I want and go wherever I want as well.

Even if I register it has Veteran with limited use, I can always undo that and go back to fully civilian. The Veteran registration is reversable, the EU registration is indefinite until the truck is officially reduced to scrap.

I am quite sure that if I transported this truck to Quebec for holiday or an event, there is no way they can stop me driving that truck since I am driving under an EU approved registration and Quebec has to honor that (as far as I know). Getting it registered there might be another problem, but I could probably successfully argue that this is no longer a military truck but a EU-registered civilian truck being imported.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Defining vehicle restrictions

I see two terms coming by in the legal texts displayed her:

- military vehicles.
- military-type vehicles.

Before going on my horse, what are the exact definition
View attachment 774920
You nailed a part of the problem. Good legislators reduce public backlash by doing their homework. No 'legal' definitions or lists are available.

Definitions usually come at the top of the list. When i suggested we bring the 1966 bus to Quebec they asked if it was "used by the military". It smells like 'used by the military' was going to be in the definition. When I told her the bus hauled troops for the military and NASA used one in the space industry they stumbled a bit.
Volkswagon hauled troops.

I'm sure they'll work it out with enough feedback from the community. Ideally, the minister arranges consultation with a few of the bigger military vehicle collector authorities and museums with support from the Directorate of History and Heritage.
http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dhh-dhp/index-eng.asp

Meanwhile, too many lists of items are leaking out for them to have had quality time to put any planning into this. Compliments for the info over at MLU. It's one of 4 pages I've seen.

5FAD2560-ADFA-4E7A-AD4B-602B4F6174F4.jpg

AMG or is that OMG.... is asking for public feedback as well. Let's call them up and find out what they're telling the Government.
Call us at (574) 237-6222 or use the form below to contact us.
http://www.amgeneral.com/contact/

We're reminded by SF over on MLU that Many of the Steel Soldiers listed in the ban can be seen serving members of the Canadian and American public for generations. Symbolism must be strong in the minister's mind. I'm so confident he'll work this out I'm spending nearly everyday of my vacation in Quebec. We'd like to recreate photos like this as part of a Heritage funded History project.

ice-storm-corel-centre-armed-forces-1998-ottawa.jpg

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Screenshot_2019-09-01 Contact - AM General.jpgPretty simple and straight forward..................don't know if it will do any good, but doing nothing will get NOTHING done for our side!!

Thanks again!!

Terrh

I sent a few emails out and filled out that form.

Just had my iltis up near the QC border a few weeks ago, and was planning another road trip in it this fall. Sure want to know why we aren't going after bombardier if they sold our government unsafe vehicles!

Would also like to know if this ban includes vehicles that are still in military service, and if it doesn't, why not? Are they somehow safer if they have a Canada license plate on them? And if that's the case, why am I not allowed to have said safer plates?

Stuff like this really boils my blood.

If a protest convoy gets organized, I'll gladly join up.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I sent a few emails out and filled out that form.

Just had my iltis up near the QC border a few weeks ago, and was planning another road trip in it this fall. Sure want to know why we aren't going after bombardier if they sold our government unsafe vehicles!

Would also like to know if this ban includes vehicles that are still in military service, and if it doesn't, why not? Are they somehow safer if they have a Canada license plate on them? And if that's the case, why am I not allowed to have said safer plates?

Stuff like this really boils my blood.

If a protest convoy gets organized, I'll gladly join up.
The other specialty car clubs out East need to get a sniff of this and sign in. I see you're already using that hot blood to fill the face book,.... very nice. Would that pretty artist lady you know have any ideas for HMV promotional posters?
Many of the club contacts I've called don't know about MV collectors or why this is important to us. It'll be up to all of us to make that better in the future but in the meantime, youtube makes this easy. This is just one part of the MV family but having the opportunity to meet these Veterans, carry them through a parade route and seeing their smiles is incredible. The first two minutes of the Stony Plain Parade 2017 will show folks one little yet important piece of the HMV World.

I added the video to a cut and paste page below if that works as a generic info page for you. Where's our editing girl?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMrBBSSraw8

We've had some of our fellow specialty vehicle collectors squeezed off highways in a NEW RESTRICTION in Quebec. I'm not sure if this will come down the line and affect us in Alberta but I'm not sitting around to find out.

There's a petition out....in French... I'll give you a rough translation below....but the Quebec boys are asking for some help to grab maximum support. All the various groups are working with the different minister departments and I'm trying to find out if I can visit Quebec in our 1966 GMC bus.

I'd greatly appreciate if you'd consider looking this over and asking if your membership would jump on board with a quick signature.

"""""""""On August 8, 2019, the Minister of Transport François Bonnardel signed a ministerial order that will prohibit the presence of any military vehicles on Quebec roads. This decision will force owners to register their vehicle as a "Restricted Traffic Vehicle" (Plate C). Through this petition we are asking Transport Minister François Bonnardel to reconsider his decision and to let the owners of military vehicles move freely on the roads of Quebec. """""""""""

I've been rolling down the highway safely in my 1956 GMC 6x6 Deuce for eight years. The restrictions seem to be more about symbolism then safety so we want to change their minds.

There is more info here https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?190107-MV-illegal-on-highway-in-Canada-(Quebec) and there http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30386&page=3

If you need more information or want to clarify anything I can be reached at any reasonable time.

Last edited:

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is harder than it should be. They put a bunch of real sweet ladies on as front-line operators and their French accents are so distracting its hard to focus. They start off in French but they all speak English.

I called the Quebec Tourism Ministers office to find out which vehicles I can visit in. I reminded them of my email and they will continue to help look into this.

http://www.assnat.qc.ca/en/deputes/p...ordonnees.html
1-418-528-8063

Tourism suggested I call the Alliance, ......what a sweet word when spoken by Lilyane over at the Ministers office, alliance.

The folks over here at https://alliancetouristique.com/en/contact-us/ had the best music when you're sitting on hold. The information from Guylan suggested that she watched the news and the "legislation" was targeted at private owners of Military Vehicles. I don't need to write that down twice.

The official comment from the office is that they can't help me with my specific questions at this time, but stay tuned.

""""""""The Alliance de l’industrie touristique du Québec works closely with the tourism community to ensure that Quebec remains a major and competitive destination. Questions? Comments? Requests? We will be happy to answer you!

You can also check the Team page to contact a specific person."""""""""

Again, this toll free number is the contact provided by the Department of the Minister of Tourism Quebec.

Am I welcome to Quebec in my HMV?

1-877-686-8358

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks