• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV of the Month Febuary 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guyfang

Staff member
They say not to feed the Bears but in this case I am feeding this Papa Bear. Got to keep the Bear happy.
Nice looking Truck! What a flashback.

I drove one of the last of these trucks to the Cannibalization point here in Germany in late 1973. Hadn't been long here and got picked to ride shotgun. The driver of our truck then had to pull duty on the missile site, so I went alone. No license. BUT, had a fine time.

After leaving the missile site, all ten trucks got lost about an hour into the Grand Journey. The pin that holds the clutch linkage, to the clutch pedal fell out. Shifting was a real interesting affair. And, on top of all that, I ran out of fuel late at night. Woke up in the morning, slept on the cab canvas top, to look into the little round hole of a 1911, .45 cal pistol looking me in the eye. A young MP, who I scared the crap out of, when I sat up and yelled, "Howdy!" Yeah, this truck brings back memories.

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bill,

You should get extra points (extra votes?) for the moose hood ornament... Nice truck too!

Tim
Thanks Tim, I’ll take all the extra votes I can get.😜
Lamar Rowland gave me that moose head when I attended the 2019 MVPA convoy. He was the march unit leader for the “ heavy’s”. Deuces and bigger trucks. On the Alaska convoy his unit was Nic-named the Moose unit. When he gave it to me I asked him where I should put it. He said some use a magnet some use the bolt to mount to the hood... I went for my drill motor. It reminds me of Lamar whenever I drive this truck. He is quite a guy.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thanks Tim, I’ll take all the extra votes I can get.😜
Lamar Rowland gave me that moose head when I attended the 2019 MVPA convoy. He was the march unit leader for the “ heavy’s”. Deuces and bigger trucks. On the Alaska convoy his unit was Nic-named the Moose unit. When he gave it to me I asked him where I should put it. He said some use a magnet some use the bolt to mount to the hood... I went for my drill motor. It reminds me of Lamar whenever I drive this truck. He is quite a guy.
That is neat Bill. Having the story for the Moose makes it even better...
Definitely a plus in my book!

Tim

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The vote thread is up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks