• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV rally and parade in the Pacific Northwest! July 7-12 2009

dma251

Okay guys, I'm not much of an organizer or volunteer, but I posted this info elsewhere on SS earlier but I think it should get out there so everyone in the NW area can get this info easily.

The event is held each year at the Arlington Air Show, also called the EAA Fly-In. (Experimental Aircraft Assoc, I think) It's gotten to be a pretty big turnout of MV's. My buddy Jim does it every year with his British tank, but this is going to be my first year with the HEMTT.

Take a look at these pictures from the last two years shows and tell me what you think. It looks pretty good to me! I can't really get out of it, as I live in the same town! I have no excuse! I drive my hemtt by the airfield a couple times every week just cruising around!

The EAA Fly-In and Military vehicle show/parade is July 7-12, 2009. Here is a link to pictures of the showing last year, but I hear rumblings that it will be larger in 2009.

http://psmvcc.oldmv.com/images/2008a...ton2008big.htm

Here's other pics too from 2007

http://psmvcc.oldmv.com/images/2007a...tonhossack.htm

You guys really should check this out. I'll be there in 2009 with my HEMTT!!!

dma251

The place to get more info is through the host of those pictures - Puget Sound MVCC.

I think they would probably like to know who's coming, etc, so they can plan ahead.

Like I said, I have no official involvement in this at all other then I will be there to have a good time and meet people that like MVs. That's it.

wiggall

We will try and be there with the BEAUTIFUL BEAST! If fuel prices stay down! We will be coming over from Idaho. FTG2 Wiggles USS EDSON DD 946 1969-1973

Carlos a.k.a. Carl

I'll be there. Drooling over your guys' vehicles trying to decide what my first quest for a MV to purchase should be to fulfill this new found interest of mine.
Anybody know if there's gunna be a MV show at XXX Root Beer in Issaquah for '09? I only heard about the '08 show and by the time I heard about it, it had come and gone. I think it was the first show of the year at XXX maybe?

krick3tt

Carl, there is a website that posts every event that occurs, especially at XXX. I am away from home right now visiting in Denver and that site is in my favorites. You might be able to link to it through PSMV site. That is how I found out about the MV gathering that I attended this last year. I just drove my Pinzgauer over to see what was going on and ended up being part of the event.
I will try to get the site on here when I get back home.
Have a great holiday, all.

Morris

CurryRA

I was at this event several years ago before I was a MV owner. Definetely a good time had by all. I'm going to make a point of being there this year with the Deuce and fortunately it's not even that far from home :-D

Carlos a.k.a. Carl

Carl, there is a website that posts every event that occurs, especially at XXX. I am away from home right now visiting in Denver and that site is in my favorites. You might be able to link to it through PSMV site. That is how I found out about the MV gathering that I attended this last year. I just drove my Pinzgauer over to see what was going on and ended up being part of the event.
I will try to get the site on here when I get back home.
Have a great holiday, all.

Morris
Thanks Morris

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks