• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV security

kvitt

Years ago a guy I know had a Baja VW...Left the original key start in place, put a second one mounted under the dash...Could work with the push buttons as well...The original is just a dummy....Cheap and easy.

Kohburn

I picked up a key switch from a caterpiller for the OFF/ON/START settings. Plan to wire the ON setting to a relay to activate my 12volt accessories, and start for the starter. Combined with a battery cutoff it's an OK setup.

of course a serious thief could just hotwire start it but I'm more concerned about keeping kids from messing with it.

MASIC

I have installed a keyed battery disconnect and I also have installed the old type ground less fence type charger. You get a shock touching the truck and even a bigger one if your grabbing onto the truck while leaving 1 foot on the ground (don’t ask me how I know). I do have 4 small stickers that say “caution static discharge shock may occur if the vehicle was not grounded while engine is not running” sounds dumb but it keeps my ass from getting charged and keep their ass off my truck.

kastein

I disconnect the negative battery terminal and drop it down into the bottom of the battery box, pull the fuel cutoff and latch it in place, and park it with the exhaust facing my bedroom window. If anyone tries to steal it, I will know - gotta love straight pipes.

I will likely add a steering interlock at some point, and when I move to a new place will be adding a motion triggered floodlight pointing at the spot I park it in.

I have installed a keyed battery disconnect and I also have installed the old type ground less fence type charger. You get a shock touching the truck and even a bigger one if your grabbing onto the truck while leaving 1 foot on the ground (don’t ask me how I know). I do have 4 small stickers that say “caution static discharge shock may occur if the vehicle was not grounded while engine is not running” sounds dumb but it keeps my ass from getting charged and keep their ass off my truck.
Could you post a diagram of how that's wired up? Interesting idea if you ask me :beer:

rassd71

I know this is an old post, but too would love a basic idea of how this is set up. Basic securing of the truck from mischief is my main concern.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Theft Prevention

Just a little bump to remind everyone to review their security.

We got the call from the neighbours that the gate was open at the G749 farm and the lock was missing.

Started making the calls and another neighbour had found a stolen trailer on his property and storage buildings breached in the beginning of December.

A different neighbour had a knock on their door at 3AM around the 12th of December and instead of reporting it to the police, he just scared them off.

Either they hit my place first or the neighbour isn't scary enough. I found the cut lock laying at the gate, small snow covered footprints and vehicle tracks that smell like they came from a Dodge Dakota with a canopy on the back....which is actually the neighbour's description of the vehicle they saw at 3 in the morning.

We're loaded with game cameras and have one large surveillance sign that can only be seen once you're a few hundred feet into the property. Not really sure what scared them off but once they got a little closer to the truck barn they spun around and left fairly quick. The best security to prevent truck theft is -20 and keeping the batteries in the shop.

My folks have an old trailer and cook shack near the gate which had the doors popped open and someone pulled everything out of the cupboards. There's really nothing to steal except for the frying pan and dishes so we hope these guys won't be back.

Not much to see....the tire tracks were covered over with snow and our only security on staff that day did a stinker of a job keeping them out.

EK000392.jpg

Things are a little tough for income up here right now and I hope those that are struggling reach out to their support networks instead of using opportunity crimes to buy Christmas presents.

Check your security folks.

Eliteweapons

I am installing door locks and a keyed ignition switch to mine. I already have a disconnect and will also be adding a fuel cutoff valve soon. I have an old alpine alarm system I was considering installing with door pins. That should be kinda cool and unexpected.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Weekend Security Detail.....

It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it....

b3b5c7a3-8d75-41b4-ad11-fb417f169337.jpg . 05acbc37-c492-4e98-b6b3-00a3e4124c6c.jpg . f060eb67-e00d-4944-ae58-c8e548676c1f.jpg

Pumpkin LOVES the XM-818's running board/step and the deck behind the cab. He's been missing the tool box since I removed it to access the fuel tank selector switch. It'll be reinstalled soon though.

M109a3RV

I am installing door locks and a keyed ignition switch to mine. I already have a disconnect and will also be adding a fuel cutoff valve soon. I have an old alpine alarm system I was considering installing with door pins. That should be kinda cool and unexpected.
Here’s my down and dirty idea. Two tabs attached to the dash with a bar that prevents movement of the master switch with a padlock

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks