• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV Vandalism

Biggles

Ok adjuster says $6,021 in damage minus deductible and betterment they'll pay $5,775.31 for damages to the deuce if they don't total it. The CUCV they came up with over $3,000 in damages now I sit and wait while they stumble around trying to come up with values on them.

Lahti35

man that really sucks i don't understand why someone would be such a tool bag and ruin someone elses good time for no reason :mad:
Because they're a long way from grown up..... bastards. Hopefully they contract some sort of VD and die a slow horrible death with thier mama watching.

Glad your insurance is fightingwith you, er, uh...i mean working with you?

Donald Poppell

I can't say enough of how sorry I am this has happened to you.

Just a sign of the times my friends. A lot of people weren't raised to respect other people and their property like most of us were. People now days are so ready to misbehave because there are no penalties....None that really hurt.

Band together and trust the Lord 'cause it isn't going to get any better anytime soon......
that is, until we Stand and Defend our "Faith, Family and our County" and make it better.

ALFA2

Sorry to hear about your loss, but based on your recount of the type of the damage, whoever did this, were interested in specifically damaging your truck, and to do so in a way as to send you a message. Who ever it was, probably has a problem with you and your trucks for some odd reason, and they are trying to hurt you by doing specific damage to those specific vehicles. Also if you think they used power tools, or heavier tools that they had to carry there, that means they live very near, since it would be too hard to carry a power drill or other tools just to do something like that, heavy and risky. Very few people would drive from across town because they hate you enough just to damage your trucks, not not that of your wife. So most likely your perpetrators are within a quick walk from where your trucks are. Possibly even within the line of sight. Many vandals return to the scene of their crime to personally see how their acts are affecting the victim.
I hope the local PD will catch them, but your knowledge of those who may not like you enough to beat up your trucks can certainly help them in doing so.
Hope it helps.
ALFA2

wiggall

I do need my garage enlarged and as I said earlier it's probably best for everyone that they didn't wake me I have newmodel blackhawk in 45LC fairly accessible I even have 6 "special"rounds that are handloaded for it that I have been saving for an emergency situation.
DO NOT USE HANDLOADS FOR SELF DEFENSE THE COURTS WILL HANG YOU! Use factory loads as they have BETTER LAWYERS!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Look in the eyes

DO NOT USE HANDLOADS FOR SELF DEFENSE THE COURTS WILL HANG YOU! Use factory loads as they have BETTER LAWYERS!
Shoot a man...or an animal...watch the eyes as life passes from the body...see the terror, confusion, helplessness.

There is a time and place for that to happen, but it sure ain't over any MV or any other material thing.

Just my opinion.

swampzr2

That sucks, hope they catch them. Sounds like the suspect either has something against the military, or possibly was dishonorably discharged? Strange he didn't touch your wife's car. Hope they catch them, and are the pictures coming???

Sounds like this was a long "visit" with all the things they stole and broke.

coyotegray

Do you have any "Environmentalist" types around you.?
From the level of planning required it sounds like this could be "Echo-Terrorism"..
It was defiantly not random.

Last edited:

jollyroger

This just plain sucks......Sure the insurance company is going to pay something. But it will not make you whole. It never does. Your time and energy is never compensated in these situations. Your increased patrols. Enhanced security measures etc. RRRRRRRR.

I do like the "Castle" rule in Texas. Straight up and to the point. It is more geared to land owners, not just for homeowners. Here in CO we have the "make my day law". The media sells this as a get out of jail free law if someone sets foot through your threshold. But it's not actually that simple. There are three things a perp has to do in order for you to be able to use deadly force. And it has to be IN your domicile. You can't just open the door, pull the trigger and they fall inside like the media wants everyone to believe.

We were the victim of a trespass, breaking and entering and theft this week here at the farm. So we are looking into some security cameras......Big City is growing up around us. And we are getting Big City problems right along with it.

The "Final" solution is not the apt punishment in this case. I know and can sympathize with what you are going through. It is absolutely frustrating. But a more fitting punishment would be losing a nut.......That's right. I said it...... First offence you lose a nut. Second offence you lose the other one. Strike three.......You get the picture........If I were King stuff would be different.

I hope the humor helps take the sting away a little bit.

An armed society is a polite society. I'm just sayin'.

steelandcanvas

Sorry to hear your property has been violated. I'm going to give you a call later on this morning. I was in the security biz for years, maybe I can help you, Sis, and Pops.

jollyroger

Thanks my man. We were dun bin gonna call you bout it B 4 we bought anything.

We have a perfect observation platform with the silo. I want infrared cameras. That way I can see if the bum is trying to sleep on the premesis at night.

We have the big fence but we all know that just keeps out the honest trespasser. Just like door locks keeps out the honest thief. [thumbzup]

Found the passenger door to my 5 ton wide open yesterday.......Coincidence or correlation? Didn't find anything missing but........ I really want to catch this dirt bag.aua

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So how do you tell if someone has placed a foreign substance in your fuel tank, like sand or sugar. I know how to find water, etc.:mrgreen:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Shoot a man...or an animal...watch the eyes as life passes from the body...see the terror, confusion, helplessness.

There is a time and place for that to happen, but it sure ain't over any MV or any other material thing.

Just my opinion.
PB.......I agree with you to a certain degree....but not only has our brother been deprived of the use of his property and the costs of repairing it....he has been personally violated.

If he had caught the person in the act would that person have ran....would he have attacked?

You never know what mindset someone like this is in.

The extreme environmental activists are just as violent as other terrorists.

If the guilty party is found should he be taken out and shot.....no......but he should have to face consequences that put him in the same frame of mind as his victim.

See photo for example.

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, SteelSoldiers...

This thread, as so many before it regarding crimes and attitudes against the MV Hobby, is taking a dangerous turn toward a debate about Crime & Punishment, Retaliation & Vigilantism, etc.

Taking such detours has SHUT DOWN many otherwise good threads.

Please be VERY CAUTIOUS that we don't provoke the website Moderators to intervene.

IMHO 2cents

Biggles

At this point I am letting the officers do their work in checking for fingerprints and I am doing my work in dealing with the insurance what' done is done. Pics coming having some camera to computer issues.

dragon1124

Sorry to hear about the vehicles, it is a shame that someone would vandalize to that degree. When I owned my M1009, I got dirty looks from the enviornmental professors and students at the college I do security at. I have also had vehicles vandalized in the past, so I know how frustrating it could be dealing with insurance companies, especially when the vehicle vandalized is not a common vehicle. Hopefully it will work itself out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks