• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MVPA TCM09 Rolling

CatMan

As many of you know, the MVPA transcontinental convoy left Washington DC this weekend bound for San Francisco.

We have been posting photos at several locations.

You can follow the convoy progress via the MVPA web site www.MVPA.org and check the daily convoy blog. Click the '2009 Convoy' button on the lower left.
Check the two 5 Ton's pulling trailers up thru the mountains in PA! Hammer down you guys!

Photos are posted at www.flickr.com/photos/39112187@N02/

Other neat info on the Military web site http://www.army.mil/convoy/

Our M35 is as ready is it's going to get. We are leaving to meet the Convoy in South Bend Indiana tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Cat Man

Numbers

Really nice pictures, I especially like the Navy Jeep with Hornet markings. What is this picture ? Looks like an old 1916 Four Wheel Drive (Auto Company) but leave it up to the experts to tell me.

Attachments

jimmcld

Just received this from one of the convoy members. Seems that they had a cracked block in one of the vehicles and they are replacing the engine. Looks like they had a nice place to work.

Attachments

gunboy1656

I got to watch them pass right in front of my house yesterday, very nice looking trucks, all of them.

I have a short vid of some of the convoy, would have got all of it but they snuck up on me. so i missed the motorcycles. and the 2- 5 ton semis were about 10 minutes behind, so i did not get those either.

will post it after i edit out the background voices.

CUCV1986

We convoyed from Washington, D.C. to Greensburg, PA. Sadly, we wish we had the time to go all the way. It was an awesome experience and seeing the people in the small towns coming out to welcome us brought tears to our eyes as well as many other drivers. I hope the convoy will ride again for the 100th anniversary.
There were 2 5-ton tractors with trailers, 3 deuces, an M1028 and our M1010. With the exception of our M1010 everyone was going all the way. Hopefully more deuces and CUCVs will join the group.

We wish all the participants a safe journey.

Attachments

glengar

DC to Greensburg TCM-09

I was the lead convoy M/V from staging area thru DC to Chambersburg
Then I returned next day with my "M/V" CARC painted DuRango and went with the convoy almost to Greensburg.
What a sight passing all the folks along the way with flags and waving at us!
In Stoistown they closed Main St and we filled a block, four wide while the politicos read proclamations & presented our leader, Terry SHELSWELL, with a copy.
Too bad I couldn't take time to go all the way either.
Great job out there guys!
Looking at all of Dan's pictures is great.

CUCV1986

This is a 1917 FWD Model B set up as an ammunition truck. Don Chew restored it and trailered it from Colorado. The canvas on the back is original. Also, his wife's family observed the original convoy in 1919 and took pictures. Her family photos were on display too.

Attachments

jpcj-7

They are on old 30 basically (old Lincoln Highway) They left South Bend, Ind. at 06:30 This morning. If you really want in pm me or give me a call and I'll help you figure it out, I can not put the experience in to words.

Attachments

Somemedic

From the Wheaton-Rochelle leg of the convoy today

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
jpcj7, that's your M-915A1, right, how's she doing? FYI everyone, the ink on that truck's EUC is still wet, mine just cleared Fri. jpcj7 is setting a new record for putting a truck to work right out of GL . . . Looks really good with that 270, that's what mine will be pulling.

Somemedic

more pics

Attachments

vinny-socom1

the 5ton's with trailers in that photo are a couple of guys from down here. you should check out the inside of the trailer he had it coverted into an RV by a dealer here in town. Thats Ken & Bob Fields good people, long ride from here!!

Vinny

zjrog

Does anyone know where this convoy will be when they stop in Murray, UT? It looks like they will pass through my Tooele, UT for fuel (where I live!!!), and pass through Dugway Proving Grounds enroute to Ely, NV... Just wondering if someone here has better schedule info than the various websites are showing... I'm off the day they pass through, so I KNOW how I'm spending my day...

2027Deuce

Went with the convoy last Thurs. and Fri. from Schulyer to Kearney NE. Wow!! What a trip, lots of people came out and the MVs are awesome, some really good people driving them too. At times the column was 2 miles long as we picked up a bunch of MVs in Gretna. Met the guy from France who brought his Int'l 3-4 over just for this trip.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks