• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MVs headed to scrap, anyone need any parts?

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I stumbled upon a local MV graveyard today. Some of the stuff is for sale, but not all. Deuces, M715, M37, and maybe a couple of jeeps. What is for sale is headed to the scrapman immediately.

Guys, sorry for the short notice, but I just found this today. I just made it before it got dark and snapped a few pictures. Then I wandered around with a flashlight for a while.

It looks like most of it has been neglected for some time. What a shame. From what I could tell in the short time, most of the stuff is picked over somewhat and what is left is rusty. However, I thought there might be something of interest to someone.. He did say that all of the 2.5 ton front axles were already sold. Oh yea, . . . sorry, I didn’t see any towbars :).

The guy I managed to get in contact with is the scrap dealer who is hauling the stuff away. He is friendly, but he knows absolutely nothing about MVs, he just sees big chunks of “iron”. I asked him if there were any bridge plates, air paks, or pioneer tool racks, and I just got a blank stare. He is willing to cut stuff off with the torch, or let you pull it yourself. I don’t believe he is interested in shipping anything. You pretty much have to be there.

He insists that he doesn’t have much time, the stuff that he is contracted to haul will be gone in a few days. PM me, and I can get you some contact info.

Prices? As I said, it just looks like iron to him, so I think he will take an offer. He did say that deuce tires on wheels are $50 (imho – not such a great deal). Although, he also said fuel tanks were $20 ( with guage sending unit, and pump included, and maybe even a half-a-tank of rotten fuel :))

I am going to try to get there early on Saturday morning to see if there is anything left.

Like I said previously, the concensus may be that it all junk, but I figured I’d post this just in case.

This is in Northern Kentucky – Near Cincinnati, OH.

Todd Haley ! are you out there? – you and I are probably the closest of any Steel Soldiers members I know. Would you like to go with me on Saturday to check it out?

Attachments

Boatcarpenter

You or anyone else, I could use a hood retainer retainer clip that goes in front of the drivers window to keep that thing from wandering . I'll pay for part, mailer, postage etc.

Dieselsmoke

I'd take them all if they weren't so far away. I've done ground ups on stuff worse than that before. Lots of good parts there. People should be shot for scrapping that kind of stuff.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you could get the winch brackets and bumper extensions, I'd take them if they were reasonably priced.

Todd Haley

Hi Jeff!
I was there about 6 years ago but, the guy then did not want to sell NOTHING! He said he was going to strip the parts and start his own MV parts business, guess that didn't get off the ground!
That White M38A1 was pretty nice when I was there. Also, there was 2 CCKW tippers and a whole bunch of M37's, (cargos, utility body's,tippers and a few chassis) and that M715, it ran and stopped very nice :(
Amazing what 6 years time out in the weather can do! :shock: :( I'll call ya tonight and maybe we can swing by and check out those Halftracks too!

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you think ANY of the gas tanks are in reasonable condition (no huge rusted hoels) PLEASE contact me. I'll pay the $20 plus the s&h plus anything else you need. And I'm in no rush to get them. We can work out anything you want. Just contact me asap. thx. jim

IS that a BOAT on top of that bus?

Boatcarpenter

Being in a hurry I misfired on my response to your query, I'm looking for the clip that holds the "SECURE-HOOD- IN- RAISED- POSITION" hook to the cowl when it is not in use.

Trango

I'd pay $500 + shipping (hopefully it's under $300 each) for each M35 front axle he wanted to ship to Colorado, no springs - must be u-joint style (cut the boots and turn the knucles to see). I'd also pay him $50+shipping for every front M35/M35a2 driveshaft he wanted to send out here, as well.

Let's see - I'll PM you my name and phone number.

Thanks
Bob

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, the trip is on for tomorrow morning - It wil be Myself, Todd, and another local guy who got wind of the news through the M715zone forum. Wish us luck.

ok, let's see . . . .

- Boatcarpenter, That clip should be an easy one.

-Bill (DS), I agree. It's a darn shame that someone would want to scrap the whole lot. Hopefully, we will be able to save some of it.

-hndrsonj, Winch mtg brkts- Should be another easy one. How much is too much? PM me if you want.

-Jim (wallew), I'll see what I can do with the fuel tanks, do you want to keep the fuel that is in them? :) might be expensive to ship.

- h1crwchf, I am almost certain that all of the j-pipes are rotten in the usual place( in the bend under the fender) I looked at them already because I knew that was a popular request. I will double check. (Didn't Mangus and RDD have one offered up here? or were those wrong because of the difference in the n/a vs. turbo issue?)

-Bob (Trango), already PM'd you about the axles. I will check on the front driveshafts (but my hunch is they went with the axles. :( )

Oh by the way, I forgot to tell you there is a "finder's fee".
:) :D :shock: :roll:
Just kidding, - remember that jet boat guy who came in here back in June who wanted a bunch of money to disclose a location of some trucks that weren't even for sale?
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2003&highlight=

CGarbee

Geez,
I just read this and I'm droolling over the M37 front fenders.... Straight ones are getting harder to find, and if it's got a good gas tank I'd want it as well... Got a buddy who is looking at a truck that has no bed.... If it's got a tailgate or any of the troopseat hardware...
Heck, I'd even take the wheels off the thing just to have a "spare" set for my "other" tires so that I could save the Michelins when on long road trips...
Good luck with the trip to the yard.
Merry Christmas.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks