• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MWM diesel?

YJSteve

If you check my earlier post I can get one for about $ 350.00 but it is a Nippondenso 24 volt and bolted on with no problems
Alex
I really need a starter for this engine in 12volt. Any suggestions. I would even consider getting a 24 and try to have it reworked to 12volt

YJSteve

I really need a starter for this engine in 12volt. Any suggestions. I would even consider getting a 24 and try to have it reworked to 12volt
I was just thinking, the adapter plate on this engine, MWM 2.8 Sprint motor, I believe was originally made by Advanced Adaptors, I'm going to call them tomorrow and see what I can come up with.

YJSteve

So I have decided to go with the manual transmission and use the flywheel that I got. I am going to use the SM420 and a DANA 300... I saw a jeep site that was saying the NP205 was too wide for the frame rails. I have a 1988 Mitsubishi Montero that the MWM is going in and it is just slightly bigger than a samurai so I need all the room I can get. I know the automatic trans is the 4L60E or 4L80E that bolts to MWM, so any help with finding a bellhousing that fits that pattern and that of the SM420 would be a tremendous help!
I thought I messaged you before about this, I'm using a 700 r4 transmission that way I won't have any computer to worry about just a kick down cable. I'm probably using an atlas transfer case...I've went all out on everything else...I may as well. I think we may have emailed about the starter. Hercules gave me a different part number than they sent you....I'm still leary of ordering for fear of not working...I think this is why the Growler builders put it together with parts...

YJSteve

Do you have the old starter ?
I have no starter, I purchased a crate motor that I'm putting in my 93 jeep.
I've been buying parts for a year now, got 2- new axles built 700r4 transmission, radiator,intercooler,electric fan and shroud, motor mounts, alternator brackets and pulleys....ect...ect...ect...

YJSteve

Lees alternator, it is a OSGR 24 volt 4.5kw 11 Teeth cw Toyota lift truck . Prestolite 7705 Military with Drive SDND-2057 & housing change is how the Invoice reads. The starter on the Growler was burnt up and this just bolted on.
Hey, I'm looking for a starter for my Growler Engine I have MWM 2.8
Did you have this starter built?

YJSteve

SO, Has anyone figured out which starter fits this engine yet?? I mean a U.S. available one that fits that military plate on the engine. DB electrical says they have one but the holes on the starter flange are on the opposite side.
Yes I did, I think we have emailed back and forth before.
Call me 443-790-3397

YJSteve

So the starter I got from Hercules was not for this engine... It doesn't fit and is too long, the snout doesn't fit the plate for the mounting...so I'm back to square one... anyone want to buy a crated MWM with a flywheel $3500 you pick up unless u want me to haul it to you.
I got the starter guy...

YJSteve

So the starter I got from Hercules was not for this engine... It doesn't fit and is too long, the snout doesn't fit the plate for the mounting...so I'm back to square one... anyone want to buy a crated MWM with a flywheel $3500 you pick up unless u want me to haul it to you.
I found the guy that built the growler starters and he built me a 12 volt version, feel free to call me 443-790-3397 my MWM 2.8 Is in my 93 Wrangler and almost ready too start

• Wow
Reactions: HDN
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks