• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MWO 2320-212-20/2 Replacement of 45 Amp Hour Batteries with 100 Amp Hour Batteries

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have a copy of this MWO? I am trying to install the 100 Amp generating system in my M42 Command Truck and I need this MWO to understand how to modify the battery box and tray to accept the larger batteries.

If anyone has a copy, could you please post it or PM me for a direct email?

Many thanks in advance for you consideration and assistance!

Storm 51

Elwood1968

Storm, I have a paper copy of TB 9-2320-212-20-2 if that's what you're looking for. I can scan it and email it to you tomorrow night.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, Elwood!

It should be the one covering the larger batteries and modifications to the battery box in the M-37 for the 100 Amp system. The title is something like, "Replacement of 45 Amp Hour Batteries with 100 Amp Hour Batteries...."

Thanks again, I'll be looking for it.

Storm 51

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, Elwood1968! I got the email last night and that is exactly what I was looking for.

Now off to fabricate some parts and tear apart the truck again....

Thanks again!

Storm 51

Elwood1968

Glad that TB will be of help. Please post some photos of the conversion when you're done. :cool:

Since I've been contemplating the 100amp alternator modification, I was wondering where you sourced your kit from? All in one group, or did you have to obtain the individual parts from different vendors or individuals?

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I got my "kit" 30+ years ago from a guy who is probably long gone from this world. I'm just getting around to installing it because adding my radios and other accessories, I'm going to need the extra amps.

The problem is, the "kit" appears to have come off of a M715 not an M37 / M42. The alternator, rectifier, and regulator are the same but the cables and pulleys (at least the crankshaft pulley) are different. I also only got two of the 3 cables, so I am piecing the installation together.I've gotten everything located, now I just have to order it which will happen shortly.

This is a late Fall / early Winter project. I will post or send you some photos as things start to go together.

Thanks again for the TB!

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks!

I'm still looking for it, too. John at MWM has one he is going to copy but it is way, way, way, down the list of priorities. I wish he would make a few, but no success yet.

Elwood1968

Thanks!

I'm still looking for it, too. John at MWM has one he is going to copy but it is way, way, way, down the list of priorities. I wish he would make a few, but no success yet.
I'll let him know I'm in for two (since I can't seem to find the one I think I have).

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anything you can do to pressure him into making some more of them would be appreciated.

Every little bit helps!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks