• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MX-7777, VIC-1, and a M-1009

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I lucked out and obtained a VIC-1 system that I was wanting to install in my 1009.

Do I need the MX-7777 when using the VIC-1 within the M-1009? What are the benefits versus not installing one?

T.I.A.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
medlog said:
Do I need the MX-7777 when using the VIC-1 within the M-1009? What are the benefits versus not installing one? T.I.A.
The MX unit will protect the VIC-1 system from reverse polarity hook-up, load dump (caused by poor battery connections) and overload conditions. It is also a convenient way to switch the intercom and other systems on and off. The TM says to use it and I highly recommend it. Also the fun will continue, hunting for parts, cables etc. :)

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
GGGRRRREEEEAAAAATTTTT! More time hunting for parts. I lucked into the VIC1. Guess what money I saved on it will go on the MX7777.

Thanks!!!!!!