• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My 1028A1 project almost done.

corvette9

I'm almost done with this project. I don't have any before pics here but It was not in the best of shape. The body was beat and rusty. So most of that is new. But drivetrain wise it runs and shifts like a clock. I replaced all ft end parts IE tie rods, drag link, all new shocks, sway bar bushings and exhaust. All fluids changed. It drives so good even I am impressed. The old girl looks real good again too. It will be parked inside most of the time so it will last a long time. I'm sure longer than me. I'm glad I bought this project from cucvrus. Thanks

Brian G.

IMG_9212.jpgIMG_9213.jpgIMG_9215.jpgIMG_9214.jpg

cucvrus

001.jpg011.jpg018.jpg014.jpg010.jpg009.jpg008.jpg007.jpg006.jpg012.jpgYes Brian you have done it. You made the previous owner (myself) proud. I did not want to part it out but it was headed that way. Thank you for the nice restoration. You are the only guy besides myself that has that has the drive and determination to repair things when others say or think it is not worth it or it can't be done. I just don't have enough hours in the day to get everything done.

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Looks good dude .. good work! you even have the shelter carrier tie downs... mine didn't come with them. It came with troop seats and cargo cover bows but I see holes for the shelter tie downs in the bed.

86m1028

I will admit I've scrapped nicer looking trucks.

The before pics really show the work you put into this truck.

GREAT JOB !!!

Bummy

Looks pretty good, mine had less rust and it came from Minnesota. Heck would love you to fix the rockers on mine next. :goodjob:

Bummy

I'm in mn but would love to find a decent place that would do good work at a reasonable price. It doesn't have to get painted, just fixed. I like getting creative with rattle cans. All the places I've talked to out here in southern mn want 3k for the work and it's not that bad of rust. I could fly you some pics if your intrested.

cucvrus

$3K thats the starting price for rust repair. That is like opening up an unmarked sealed box. You never know waht is inside. That is hard work and it never seems to end. And once you start fixing rust you never know where to stop. What you see rusting is only a fraction of what is coming. Corvette9 fixed it the right way. he threw away the rusty panels and started over. The main cab with rust repair is easy $3K plus at a body shop. You can do it yourself with the replacement panels and rivets and glue. It works. If you are going to spray bomb it why get fancy and pay a shop to do the repairs? Do it yourself and save the money. But nice things cost money the nicer they are the more they cost. Have a nice day.

nyoffroad

I see your in Ct. I own a collison shop in Seymour. All the new panels came from Keystone. They are at my shop everyday. Besides that I can pay much less than any of the mailorder places.
Wanna bet who gets a better price? I worked at Keystone after 20 yrs doing body work. I still get an amazing discount!
Also as these trucks get older the parts on the shelf move slower, so they (Keystone and others) may be willing to offer discounts to move them. Don't be shy, ask.
If your going to spray bomb after doing any work, especially if you've replaced any panels use a good primer! Rattle can or lacquer primer is NOT good primer! Honestly it's well worth the money.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks