• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MY 1952 M211 GARWOOD CRANE TRUCK

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
FINALLY GOT 75% PAINTED HAHA. ended up using it to hold the pinatas and used it to make a small zipline for the kids birthday party. kids loved it hahaha. we got real heavy rain up in NH, it broke logs up river free pushed them into town beach & dam. brought the beasty down and ripped them out of the water haha.
Nice! Bet the kids had a heck of a time with your truck. That is something they will remember forever too.
Toys with lifting capability... That is hard to beat - and a lot easier than huffing and puffing and grunting to move stuff.

292FARMER

Nice! Bet the kids had a heck of a time with your truck. That is something they will remember forever too.
Toys with lifting capability... That is hard to beat - and a lot easier than huffing and puffing and grunting to move stuff.
HAHA I couldn't get them off it for almost 5 hours haha only did a 65ft length of cable but they loved it. just high enough to not drag feet on way down but not so much that they would get hurt.

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
HAHA I couldn't get them off it for almost 5 hours haha only did a 65ft length of cable but they loved it. just high enough to not drag feet on way down but not so much that they would get hurt.
I love it!
That is just so neat...

Who knows, you might have found our next generation of MV enthusiasts :cool:

DUUANE

I feel for you. I am doing a rotex gear/bearing assembly change out in a broderson IC-80 yard runner...almost as bad as Tax Pain..My flintstone international yard crane slews with wire ropes, a D shaped pulley and a hydraulic tie rod cylinder. It also has some slop. Absolutely terrifying if your brain chokes on which direction the play is hiding. If your gear has already been flipped you may be able to have it welded up and remachined. Dont cut any corners or let fools at it though. Lives will depend on the quallity of the repair. Good luck and keep us posted.

292FARMER

I feel for you. I am doing a rotex gear/bearing assembly change out in a broderson IC-80 yard runner...almost as bad as Tax Pain..My flintstone international yard crane slews with wire ropes, a D shaped pulley and a hydraulic tie rod cylinder. It also has some slop. Absolutely terrifying if your brain chokes on which direction the play is hiding. If your gear has already been flipped you may be able to have it welded up and remachined. Dont cut any corners or let fools at it though. Lives will depend on the quallity of the repair. Good luck and keep us posted.
yeah im gonna slowly go though it, im hoping by magic find another body rebuild pieces and swap on. but if not fix as i go.

292FARMER

I love it!
That is just so neat...

Who knows, you might have found our next generation of MV enthusiasts :cool:
Got a good start in the future mv enthusiasts!

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
WEEEE..got a plate..gotta find a decent spot on front for plate looks odd against the tan, brakes work decent! still got one or two wheels that need some bleeding i think. or maybe adjusting. few more spots to sand and paint, cab be going back together next. then work on tires and rims.
Congratulations!
Happy that you are legal now :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks